Inequality Platform-Head Start
The CBS spearhead initiative, three new Business in Society-Platforms, all had a head start this semester, and the Inequality platform is no exception.
The platform has had a very vigorous first semester with a great number of seminars, visiting researchers and participation at international conferences.
As examples of outreach activities and international performances, platform-members were represented at the OECD Forum in Paris in May, just as the platform was actively represented at the public Danish event Folkemødet (People's Political Festival). During summer the Platform will be actively represented at international conferences such as EGOS in Tallin and AoM in Chicago.
Examples of research dissemination this semester
- EPRN-conference in Copenhagen with almost 300 participants from universities, organizations and ministries, presentation by Birthe Larsen on the subject ‘How are refugees affected by insecurity as regards to permanent residence permit’
- Weekendavisen: Article by Philip Rosenbaum, Cand.polit and Ph.d.-fellow at CBS: ‘Klassekampen, der forsvandt’. On Thomas Piketty’s economics, read it here in Weekendavisen.
- The Danish TV-programme Deadline: Ph.D-fellow Niels Fuglsang on economical models and inequality.
- People's Political Festival, Ph.D-fellow Niels Fuglsang almost a winner of the Science Slam 2018
- Financial Times: The article ‘What stage of a career is the best time to have children?’ by Fane Naja Groes. Find it via this link to Financial Times
- OECD Forum blog entry by David Jinkins (ECON). Find it on OECD