Department of Management, Society and Communication
The CBS PhD School - and the Management, Organization, Society & Technology (MOST) Course Cluster
The Department of Management, Society and Communication is part of the Management, Organization, Society & Technology (MOST) Course Cluster. The MOST course cluster was formed jointly with neighboring departments MPP, IOA, EGB, and EGB. The course cluster pursues a modular approach, thus accommodating for the interdisciplinarity, diversity, and breadth of specialty areas of the PhD students involved. In other words, from the broad portfolio offered by the course cluster, PhD students will agree with their supervisors and Departmental PhD coordinator on a tailormade combination of coursework that fits best to their particular research projects. This modular approach also facilitates collaboration of PhD students across departments.
The aim of the MOST cluster is to create an active national and international research environment at CBS for PhD students who study organization and management in private, public and voluntary organizations in a theoretical and empirical manner. The theoretical basis is interdisciplinary and builds on sociology, social psychology, political science, political economy, philosophy, communication, media studies, information systems, history, ethnography and cultural studies of organizational and management practice. The course cluster attaches great importance to:
- ensuring a relevant portfolio of courses in organization and management research as well as giving the PhD fellows access to an education in a wide range of social science areas
- ensuring a high academic level of the PhD programmes through continuous quality assurance and improvement
- making it professionally and financially possible for the PhD fellows to present their projects at international conferences, in international journals and that they be given the opportunity to go abroad for a period of time
- attracting international researchers of the highest quality to the doctoral school's courses, seminars, counselling and PhD dissertation evaluation
- establishing institutionalised collaborative agreements with international researchers and research environments
Further information about the CBS PhD programme, admission, funding, current PhD projects and PhD courses can be found at the CBS PhD school's own website.
Head of CBS PhD School
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. +45 3815 3662