Over the past many years, Copenhagen Business School has worked to establish further opportunities for students to get a truly international education. One of the most challenging of these is the development of double degree programmes with carefully chosen overseas partners.
What is a double degree?
A double degree programme involves studying towards two university degrees in parallel, at two internationally acclaimed institutions, and completing them in the time that it would take to earn one degree. This means that:
- You spend the first academic year at your home institution, CBS, and the second academic year at the host institution
- You satisfy degree requirements of both institutions
- You receive two diplomas.
Why chose a double degree?
- The double degree programme is suited to a wide range of interests, but it is particularly relevant for those of you who plan on a career in organisations which transcend domestic borders. The programme considerably broadens the options and professional horizons available to you as graduates.
- An excellent opportunity to challenge yourself academically.
- The double degree programme is an outstanding opportunity for students seeking not only academic knowledge, but also intercultural experience and competence.
Who is eligible to apply?
- The double degree programme is designed for highly skilled and motivated candidates and entry into the programme is competitive.
- To be eligible to apply for the double degree programme, candidates must be admitted to one of the graduate degree programmes at CBS, which offer the double degree option. You can find the list of options in the menu points on the left.
- Candidates apply for the double degree option in the first semester of their MSc programme.
- Candidates must have:
- a minimum final GPA (gennemsnit) at the bachelor level of 7.0 on the Danish scale.
- English proficiency documented by:
- TOEFL test with a result of minimum 100 (or equivalent e.g. IELTS score of 7 or above). Note: We do not accept MyBest Scores from TOEFL.
- Students who have taken their entire high school or Bachelor's degree in English in an English speaking country e.g. UK; Canada; USA; Australia; etc. (Denmark does not count) are exempt from submitting this test.
You apply for the double degree option in the first semester of your MSc programme by submitting the following written application in English including:
- The CBS Double Degree Application can be found on this link. You will need your CBS login to access the portal. The portal to upload your application closes on October 23, 2019, 12:00 (noon). Give yourself good time to submit the application.
- Your motivational essay - maximum 1 page
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- English language test results TOEFL and IELTS tests are valid for 2 years. You may submit a test result that is older than 2 years. However, if you are nominated for the double degree program, the partner university may request an updated English language test in order for you to be accepted. By submitting your application you agree to this condition.
- A Bachelor’s degree transcript, including an official explanation of the grading scale (If your bachelor’s degree is from CBS, this explanation is not required).
- If your Bachelor GPA is not given in the Danish scale, you must apply to have your Bachelor GPA converted to the Danish grading scale. You must apply to the International Office to have your GPA converted by October 4, 2019. You will find the grade conversion information on my.cbs.dk under the menu point "Exchange", "Before applying for exchange", "Grade point conversion." You can only access this information if you are a CBS full degree student.
- Two relevant references/recommendations. These may be academic and/or professional and do not have to be specifically for the Double Degree program. References must be dated and signed with contact details of the referee; letterhead is preferred.
If you are interested in applying for regular exchange, you must wait until you receive your answer regarding your Double Degree application. If you are accepted for the Double Degree, you may not apply for regular exchange. You may, however, make a simultaneous application to CEMS MIM if you are eligible and interested in this possibility.
1. The application must be submitted by October 23, 2019, 12 noon. See information above.
2. Based on the written application, candidates may be invited to attend an interview in week 45.
3. Students are selected based on an overall evaluation of the application and interview, for those who are invited.
4. Candidates will be informed of their selection to the programme by the latest in week 46.
5. Application to the host university will be undertaken during the following spring semester.
It it important to stress that the Double Degree administration at CBS selects and nominates you for the Double Degree in cooperation with our partner university, and the final acceptance and admission is made by the partner university based on your successful application and academic qualifications.
For further enquiries, please contact:
CBS Double Degree Administration
Copenhagen Business School
The International Office
Tel: +45 3815 3006 (reception)