Credit students

If you are a student at another Danish university, you can apply to take one or more courses as a guest or credit transfer student at CBS

If you are a student at another Danish university, you can apply for one or more courses as an guest or credit transfer CBS. 

It is a requirement that the course you take on CBS can be credit transferred and included as a part of your own study program.


Generally, you can apply for all courses, that CBS offers as electives. However, some courses may not be established, and some courses may not have available places. The courses are also offered to CBS's fulltime students. This means you will follow the same classes as CBS's bachelor or graduate students as well as other credit transfer students and single course students.

You will find the largest selection of courses in the autumn semester, when fulltime CBS students also are taking their electives.

Here you can find a list of all offered courses on bachelor- and graduate level: 

As a credit transfer student, you also have the opportunity to apply for a so called minor, which is an complete package of courses within a particular academic field.

Read more about Minors


In order to apply for courses as a credit transfer student at CBS, you must meet the following requirements: 

  • You are enrolled as a full-time student at another Danish university AND
  • You can get a pre-approval from your own university - this means that the courses from CBS can be credit transfered to your own study programme. You must upload you pre-approval to your application no later than 1 September for the autumn semester and 1 February for the spring semester.

You do not have to meet any specific admission requirement, but we recommend that you read the course description to assess whether you have the academic qualifications necessary to complete the course.

Not an EU/Swiss citizen?

You can apply to become a credit transfer student at CBS if you are a student and do not have an EU/EEA/Swiss citizenship, but have one of the following residence permits in Denmark (or another Nordic country: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Greenland, the Faroe Islands): 

  • "Permanent opholdstilladelse" - permanent residence permit in Denmark
  • "Opholdstilladelse med mulighed for varigt ophold" - residence permit with a view to permanent residence in Denmark
  • "Opholdstilladelse jævnfør EU-opholdsbekendtgørelsen" - residence permit in Denmark according to the EU/EEA regulations
  • "Opholdstilladelse som medfølgende barn" - residence in Denmark as an accompanying child (the documentation must state that you are "medfølgende barn" - the text "medfølgende familie" is not sufficient)

If you are not an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen or do not have one of the residence permits listed above, you can apply to become a credit transfer student at CBS, if:

  • You are enrolled as a full-time student at another Danish university AND
  • You can document that you have paid the full tuition fee for the programme and semester that the courses are going to be a part of.


    In order to apply for a course as a credit transfer student at CBS, you must have an pre-approval from your study board, which is an approval, that the courses can be credit transfered to your own study programme. 

    The preapproval must contain:

    • title and course code of the courses that are to be credit transfered
    • approval from your study board

    You must upload your pre-approval in the application portal when you register for the course at CBS.

    If you have not received your pre-approval when you register, you must upload it to your application before the beginning of the semester, which is 1 September for the autumn semester and 1 February for the spring semester. 

    If you do not upload your preapproval before the deadline, you will be withdrawn from the courses without notion. Please note that we do not accept pre-approvals via email.

    If you have any questions about pre-appoval and credit transfer, you must contact your own university and programme. 

    Classes and exams 

    Courses are offered as either quarter courses or semester courses. You can see the general teaching and exam periods for the different types of courses here:

    Autumn Teaching Exams
    Q1: 1st quarter week 35 to 43 week 43/44/45
    Q2: 2nd quarter week 44 to 51 week 1/2/3
    Semester week 35 to 51 December/January
    Spring Teaching Exams
    Q3: 3rd quarter week 5 to 12 week 13/14/15
    Q4: 4th quarter week 14 to 21  week 22/23 
    Semester week 5 to 22 May/June

    Teaching and timetable

    When the application portal opens, you can find a list of when the teaching takes place for the individual courses PDF icon here

    • List of classes - all single courses

    Once you are signed up for the course, you will have acess to your personal timetable.

    If you are taking a mandatory course offered as an elective, you cannot see when the classes take place before you are signed up for the course.

    Please note that the timetable may be subject to change after it is published, so you should keep yourself updated by checking it regularly.

    Exam dates

    You can find the exam dates within the courses you are registered for in Digital Exam by the beginning of the semster:

    • 1 September for the autumn semester
    • 1 February spring semester
    Exam attempts

    As a credit transfer student you have 3 exam attempts in total 

    The first retake is typically 1-2 months after the first ordinary exam 

    The second retake is the ordinary exam the following year, i.e. it takes places in the same exam period in the following year.


    If you  want a diploma for the course you have taken, you must print a grade transcript from Online Student Service no later than 3 months after your last exam.

    If you want your printout to be verified, please send an email to, who can help you stamp and sign the transcript. 

    Qualification for a graduate programme

    If you want to take certain courses in order to qualify for a graduate programme at CBS, you have to pay attention to which subject area the course covers in relation to meeting the entry requirements.

    In the list of courses offered, you can see which subjects areas are covered by the individual courses in the column Areas covered for graduate admission. It is your own responsibility to ensure that the courses you choose cover the subject areas you need. 

    Read more on Are you qualified? 


    Read more about Registration and deadlines

    Allocation of places 

    On some courses, there is a limited amount of places. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that you will get a place in the courses you register for.

    If there are more applicants than there are places, we distribute the available places by drawing lots.


    Do you wish to withdraw from one of the courses, you must contact us on:

    Deadline for withdrawal from courses is: 

    • Autumn semester: 1 September
    • Spring semester: 1 February


    For quick guidance and general questions about electives and supplementary/single courses contact: