CEMS / Master's in International Management
Who can apply?
If you are currently enrolled at CBS in the first semester in one of the following degree programmes, you may apply for admission to the CEMS Master's in International Management (MIM) at CBS:
- MSc in Economics and Business Administration / cand.merc.
- MSc in Business, Language and Culture / cand.merc.int.
- MSc in International Business and Politics / cand.merc. (pol.)
NB: Students enrolled at CBS in other MSc (cand.merc.) programmes such as cand.merc. aud., cand.merc.(dat.), cand.merc.(fil.), cand.merc.(jur.), cand.merc.(kom.), cand.merc.(mat.)., or cand.soc., may not apply to the CEMS MIM.
- Applicants must have a minimum final GPA (gennemsnit) at the bachelor level of 7.0 on the Danish scale.
- All applications must include documentation of proficiency in three languages: mother tongue plus two foreign languages (English mandatory at minimum C1 level). See further details here.
Application deadline: October 28, 2021 at 12:00 noon. All requested information must be submitted using the application portal (see link below) in English and/or with an accompanying translation.
- Motivational Essay.
- An additional essay. Specifics will be made available at the time of application.
- Copy of entire Bachelor’s degree transcript. If the diploma is from an institution outside of Denmark and/or does not have a GPA calculation, you must include an official explanation of the grading system, as well as the grade conversion of your degree, using the guidelines from the CBS International Office.
- If applicable, copy of exchange semester transcript during Bachelor's degree.
- If available, any grades from the current semester.
- Your study plan, where you plan out your 2nd year of MSc. studies, including your CEMS MIM requirements. Form available on my.cbs.dk, for CBS students only.
- Prioritization and motivation of 10 CEMS exchange partner schools for your mandatory semester abroad.
- Mother tongue declaration(s). One form is to be used for each mother tongue you declare. Form available on my.cbs.dk, for CBS students only
- Result of language test(s). Please refer to the CEMS MIM language requirements for application, above.
- 2 letters of recommendation.
Please follow the following link to the online application, found on my.cbs.dk. For CBS students only.
The applicants will be evaluated and ranked based on an assessment of:
- academic performance (Grade Point Average) (80%)
- studying abroad (10%)
- working/volunteering abroad (10%)
The top 70 applicants will be invited to the assessment center on either November 12 or 16, in either the morning or the afternoon. The assessment center will be conducted in English, usually by a combination of CBS representatives, including the CBS CEMS Academic Director, the CEMS Programme Manager as well as CEMS corporate partner representatives and alumni.
The CEMS selection criteria are:
- Intellectual Potential and Knowledge
- Intellectual Potential
- Academic Excellence
- Prior Knowledge in the Business Field
- Attitude and Soft Skills
- Desire to Achieve
- Interpersonal Competencies
- Critical Thinking
- Motivation for the MIM Programme
- International Orientation
- Language Skills
- International Openness and Cross-Cultural Aptitudes
Students final selection will be selected based on an overall evaluation of the application.
Please note that students may apply to the CEMS programme at CBS only once. If you are not accepted into the programme based on your written application or your overall application and performance during the assessment center it is not possible to apply again. The decision made by the assessment center panel is final.
Mandatory semester abroad
All CBS CEMS students spend one semester abroad at a CEMS partner school. Due to the nature of the CEMS MIM program, the CEMS office reserves the right to select students for a specific term (either Term 1 or Term 2) regardless of the student’s indicated priority.
NB: Regarding a “regular” exchange semester abroad
• If you are interested in applying for a Regular Exchange semester abroad, in the event you are not accepted to CEMS, you must submit a separate application for Regular Exchange to the CBS International Office after you have received your rejection notification.
• If you are accepted to CEMS, and you accept this opportunity, you will not be allowed to apply for Regular Exchange.
• If you are accepted to CEMS, but decline this opportunity, you will not be allowed to apply for a Regular Exchange.
CBS does not charge tuition for participation in the CEMS MIM.