Single course students
As a single course student you must pay a tuition fee for the courses.
WHICH ELECTIVES CAN I APPLY FOR?
You can see the offered courses here.
You can apply for electives which are not marked as either NOT ESTABLISHED or CLOSED FOR FURTHER ENROLMENT.
The curriculum for Spring courses will be available late September. The curriculum for Autumn courses will be available in March.
You find the time schedule for spring 2020 here. You will not be able to see the schedules for mandatory courses offered as electives before you are enrolled.
DO I HAVE TO MEET CERTAIN REQUIREMENTS?
1) If you take a course as a vacant study place, you cannot have it credit transferred to your own programme.
2) You do not have to be a student or meet certain requirements to buy an elective through the Vacant Place System.
3) The academic requirements for participation in courses under the Vacant Place System correspond to the entry requirements of the programme in question or similar academic prerequisites, and the teaching activities are planned accordingly. CBS does not assess whether a student meets the
equirements and/or whether the individual participant is able to follow the course when enrolling students under the Vacant Place System. This is the responsibility of the student. If the student is not able to follow the course, the costs of the place will not be refunded.
4) If you are not an EU/EEA-citizen, you will have to pay a tuition fee of 10,500 DKK for a bachelor course and 14,250 DKK for a master course. If you have one of the following residence permits, you have the same rights as an EU/EEA citizen:
* residence permit with a view to permanent residence in Denmark ("mmf varigt ophold")
* permanent residence in Denmark ("permanent opholdstilladelse")
* residence permit in Denmark according to EU/EEA regulations ("jf. EF/EØS-bekendtgørelsen")
* equivalent residence permit in another Nordic country
HOW DO I PAY?
You pay online and will receive instructions along with your welcome letter.
HOW ARE THE ELECTIVES DESTRIBUTED?
The places are distributed by drawing lots.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON´T PAY?
The vacant places in CBS’s electives are offered in accordance with the order of part-time education. This means that you pay for a part of the expenses for teaching and exams. Please note that you will be deregistered from your electives without further notice, if you do not pay before the deadline stated in electronic invoice. You should also note that we don’t refund participations fees, unless the circumstances are extraordinary such as cases of severe illness.
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF A BACHELOR COURSE?
An undergraduate course (7.5 ECTS) costs DKK 4,125 equivalent to DKK 550 per ECTS. A BA-IT course (7.5 ECTS) costs DKK 5,250 - equivalent to DKK 700 per ECTS. The price is the same no matter whether the exam is written or oral. NB: please see price/rules above, if you are a non-EU/EEA citizen.
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF AT GRADUATE COURSE?
A graduate course (7.5 ECTS) costs DKK 4,125 equivalent to DKK 550 per ECTS. A Cand.merc. it course (7.5 ECTS) costs DKK 5,250 - equivalent to DKK 700 per ECTS. The prices are the same no matter whether the exam is written or oral. NB: please see price/rules above, if you are a non-EU/EEA citizen.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I TAKE THE EXAM?
As a vacant place student you have only access to one ordinary and one retake exam, and it must be within the academic year you enroll in the course. That means that for the fee paid, you have a maximum of two attempts in total to pass the exam
WILL I RECEIVE A DIPLOMA?
As a single course student you will receive a diploma for the exams you have passed, but cannot attain a diplopma for a Bachelor or Master´s degree through successive enrollment.