Applications to CBS can only be made online through Optagelse.dk. To ensure your application is sent correct, read through the information below thoroughly.
If you have a Danish CPR number, you are to apply with MitID.
CBS will not send a confirmation that we have received your application. However, if you apply with MitID, you will receive a confirmation e-mail after you have submitted your application.
How to apply through Optagelse.dk
How can I find CBS when filling out an online application?
Once you have logged into your personal application, you will need to go to the 3rd tab called ‘Choice of education programme’. Click on the link called ‘Show more options’ and in the text box called ‘Find’ type in ‘Copenhagen Business School’. All the degrees programmes at CBS that are taught in English will now be listed.
What do I need to remember to ensure that my application has been correctly submitted?
Once you have filled in and saved all the relevant information and documentation to date in your online application, you will need to send the signature page to us.
- The signature page will pop up as a PDF-file once you have clicked ‘approve’ for an application.
- You will need to send one signature page per choice of application. So if, for example, you wish to apply for 3 degrees programmes at CBS, you will need to send us 3 signature pages.
- The signature page has to have been received by us at the very latest by the deadline of 15 March 12 noon, CET.
- Please send the signature page as a scanned PDF-file by the very latest 15 March 12 noon to email@example.com . We prefer to receive the signature page by e-mail. Signature pages must be sent from the email address registered to the application at Optagelse.dk
- You can also send the signature page to, Copenhagen Business School, Solbjerg Plads 3, Att.: Admission Office, 2000 Frederiksberg, DK-Denmark. Note that the signature page sent by regular mail must be postmarked 14 March at the very latest.
- Your application will not be considered as fully submitted unless we have received the signature page on time.
- You can edit your application online right up until you have sent the signature page.
- Once we have received and registered your signature page, you can no longer edit your online application.
- You can, however, change the order of priority in your application after having submitted the relevant signature pages right up until the deadline of 5 July 12 noon, CET.
- You are also able to attach any relevant general and specific entry requirement documentation up until the deadline of 5 July 12 noon, CET.
- If you decide to delete an application for which you have already sent the signature page, and then later regret this, you will need to re-apply and send a new signature page, but within the deadline.
Admission area numbers
The admission area numbers for the bachelor (undergraduate) programmes in English at CBS are listed below. Please note that some programmes require that you choose a concentration of study (studieretning). If this is the case for you, you may only choose one of the options listed.
To easily find CBS programmes at Optagelse.dk, enter the admission area number in the search field under the tab "Choice of study programme".
|ADMISSION AREA NUMBER||PROGRAMME||LINE OF STUDY|
|13055||BSc in Business, Langauge & Culture
|13060||BSc in International Business|
|13070||BSc in International Business & Politics|
|13075||BSc in Business Administration & Sociology|
|13080||BSc in Business Adninstration & Service Management||
|13085||BSc in Business, Asian Language and Culture - International Business in Asia - Japanese|
|13090||BSc in Business, Asian Language and Culture - International Business in Asia - Chinese|
|13280||BSc in International Shipping and Trade|
|13100||BSc in Business Administration and Digital Management|
You can change the order of priority of your applications on Optagelse.dk up until 5 July, 12 noon CET – regardless of whether you have applied in quota 1 or quota 2.
You can upload your documentation for fulfilling the entry requirements up until 5 July, 12 noon CET. However, the deadline for uploading documentation for activities in quota 2 is 15 March.
Please note: If you delete an application after 15 March, 12 noon CET and then add the programme back to your priority list, your application will no longer be assessed in quota 2. For applicants who do not have a Danish upper secondary exam, this means that the new application does not meet the application deadline.
CBS does not offer stand-by even though you have the option to tick off the box on www.optagelse.dk
This is due to the fact that www.optagelse.dk is an application portal for all universities in Denmark and some offer stand-by.
CBS does not have any vacant places after the admission round closes.
You are always welcome to apply for admission the next year.
Rules and regulations
Admission to a bachelor programme is regulated by the Danish executive order on acess to fulltime university programmes (in Danish Bekendtgørelse om adgang til universitetsuddannelser tilrettelagt på heltid”). In relation to applicants from outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland specifically, we apply the Danish University Act (in Danish Universitetsloven) and the Order on the Funding and Audit etc. of Universities (in Danish Bekendtgørelse om tilskud og revision m.v. ved universiteterne) which regulates payment of application fees and tuition fees. As a public institution, we follow the Danish Public Administration Act as well as the Data Protection Act.
You can find the above mentioned acts and executive orders on www.retsinformation.dk (in Danish).
If you are travelling during, or after, the application deadline, you may give power of attorney to another person, so that they can receive and give information on your behalf. At Optagelse.dk, you can find a form for giving power of attorney to somebody else, and you are asked to fill out this form and upload it to Optagelse.dk. A power of attorney form must be uploaded by 5 July, 12 noon at the very latest.
Please note: that as a public institution, we have a code of confidentiality that means that without a power of attorney, we are not able to give your personal information to anybody else. This includes any parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc who may contact us. We deal with a lot of personal and sensitive information, and nothing will be disclosed to anybody except the person concerned, or a person with power of attorney from the person concerned.
We have noticed a trend in recent years at CBS for third parties, in particular agencies, applying on behalf of applicants.
Please be aware that CBS does NOT have any agreements or cooperation policies with any third parties as regards applying to the Bachelor programmes. We expect our applicants to research and apply for the programmes themselves.
It is our past experience that agencies who act on behalf of applicants have sent signature pages after the deadline and have sent signature pages to the wrong institution. Cases like these can have serious consequences which can possibly result in an application not being processed as we have an obligation to treat all applicants equally and stick to the deadlines in the interest of fairness.
It is very important that applicants are aware that:
- Signature pages sent by email MUST be sent from the applicant's email address registered at Optagelse.dk. Signature pages sent from any other email address without power of attorney (see below) will be considered invalid.
- Signature pages MUST be signed by the applicant only. If they are signed by anyone else without power of attorney (see above), they are invalid.