Over the past many years, Copenhagen Business School has worked to establish further opportunities for students to get a truly international education. One of the most challenging of these is the development of double degree programmes with carefully chosen overseas partners.
What is a double degree?
A double degree programme involves studying towards two university degrees in parallel, at two internationally acclaimed institutions, and completing them in the time that it would take to earn one degree. This means that:
- You spend the first academic year at your home institution, CBS, and the second academic year at the host institution
- You satisfy degree requirements of both institutions
- You receive two diplomas.
Why chose a double degree?
- The double degree programme is suited to a wide range of interests, but it is particularly relevant for those of you who plan on a career in organisations which transcend domestic borders. The programme considerably broadens the options and professional horizons available to you as graduates.
- An excellent opportunity to challenge yourself academically.
- The double degree programme is an outstanding opportunity for students seeking not only academic knowledge, but also intercultural experience and competence.
Who is eligible to apply?
- The double degree programme is designed for highly skilled and motivated candidates and entry into the programme is competitive.
- To be eligible to apply for the double degree programme, candidates must be admitted to one of the graduate degree programmes at CBS, which offer the double degree option. You can find the list of options in the menu points on the left.
- Candidates apply for the double degree option in the first semester of their MSc programme.
- Candidates with a minimum final GPA (gennemsnit) at the bachelor level of 7.0 on the Danish scale.
- Candidates with an English Language TOEFL 100 or above (or equivalent e.g. IELTS score of 7 or above). Students, who have taken their Bachelor degree entirely in English in an English speaking country, are exempt from submitting this test. Students who hold a diploma from high school, taught entirely in English in an English speaking country, e.g. UK; Canada; USA; Australia; etc. (Denmark does not count). The entire program must have been completed at the school.
You apply for the double degree option in the first semester of your MSc programme by submitting the following written application in English including:
- The CBS Double Degree Application. The link to the application portal is open. You will need your CBS login to access the portal. The portal to upload your application closes on October 25, 2018, 12:00 (noon). Give yourself good time to submit the application.
- Your motivational essay - maximum 1 page
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- English language test results TOEFL and IELTS tests have a shelf-life of 2 years. Your test results must be valid upon the application deadline of October 25, 2018. (If you have not already taken a test in connection with admission to the graduate programme, make sure to sign up for a TOEFL/IELTS test in good time.)
- A Bachelor’s degree transcript, including an official explanation of the grading scale (If your bachelor’s degree is from CBS, this explanation is not required).
- If your Bachelor GPA is not given in the Danish scale, you must apply to have your Bachelor GPA converted to the Danish grading scale. You must apply to the International Office to have your GPA converted by October 4, 2018. You will find the grade conversion information on my.cbs.dk under the menu point "Exchange", "Before applying for exchange", "Grade point conversion." You can only access this information if you are a CBS full degree student.
- Two relevant references/recommendations. These may be academic and/or professional and do not have to be specifically for the Double Degree program.
If you are interested in applying for regular exchange, you must wait until you receive your answer regarding your Double Degree application. If you are accepted for the Double Degree, you may not apply for regular exchange. You may, however, make a simultaneous application to CEMS MIM if you are eligible and interested in this possibility.
1. The application must be submitted by October 25, 2018, 12 noon. See information above.
2. Based on the written application, candidates may be invited to attend an interview in week 45.
3. Students are selected based on an overall evaluation of the application and interview, for those who are invited.
4. Candidates will be informed of their selection to the programme by the latest in week 46.
5. Application to the host university will be undertaken during the following spring semester.
It it important to stress that the Double Degree administration at CBS selects and nominates you for the Double Degree in cooperation with our partner university, and the final acceptance and admission is made by the partner university based on your successful application and academic qualifications.
For further enquiries, please contact:
CBS Double Degree Administration
Copenhagen Business School
The International Office
Tel: +45 3815 3006 (reception)