Department of Organization
My work is located at the intersection of digitalization, economic sociology and international political economy. My research focuses on digitalization processes in the insurance sector and on the organization of cyber risk.
For the past years, I have found particular interest in studying market- and professional dynamics in the context of emerging transnational issue areas.
My current focus is on the digital transformation of insurance work. In this context, I am working on a project with Leonard Seabrooke and in collaboration with several Danish universities. https://algoritmer.org/
I take inspiration from diverse research traditions, including sociological approaches to knowledge and risk, and institutional theory.
- Experts, professions, and expertise
- Transnational governance
- Business, Politics, and Society; BSc in Business Administration and Sociology
- Regulation and Governance of Digital Business; BSc in Digital Management
- Advanced Economic Sociology; BSc in Business Administration and Sociology
- Governing Risk in the World Economy; MSc International Business and Politics
I supervise bachelor projects related to my research interests.
- Willers, J. O. (2021). Seeding the cloud: Consultancy services in the nascent field of cyber capacity building. Public Administration.
- DeSombre, W., Gjesvik, L., & Willers, J. O. (2021). Surveillance Technology at the Fair: Proliferation of Cyber Capabilities in International Arms Markets. Atlantic Council Issue Brief
- Seabrooke, L.; Tsingou, L.; Willers, J. O. (2020). The Political Economy of Policy Vacuums: The European Commission on Demographic Change. New Political Economy, 25(6). Pp. 1007-1021
- In: New Political Economy, Vol. 25, No. 6, 12.2020, p. 1007-1021
In: Public Administration, Vol. 100, No. 3, 9.2022, p. 538-553
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [Phd] 2021, 209 p. (PhD Series, No. 35.2021)
Washington, DC : Atlantic Council 2021, 21 p.
In: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure. ed. /Walter Leal Filho; Anabela Marisa Azul; Luciana Brandli; Amanda Lange Salvia; Tony Wall. Cham : Springer 2020 (Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals)
In: Økonomi og Politik, Vol. 93, No. 3, 10.2020, p. 59-75
In: New Political Economy, Vol. 25, No. 6, 12.2020, p. 1007-1021
Oslo : Den Norske Atlanterhavskomité 14.6.2019
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School, CBS 2018, 17 p.
In: Morgenbladet, 4.9.2020
In: Politiken, 23.8.2020, p. 6
The 5×5—The rise of cyber surveillance and the Access-as-a-Service industry
»Skræmmende" spionvåben får Folketinget til at øge beskyttelsen
Folketinget vil beskytte politikeres telefoner mod spionprogram
No outside activities to report