Department of Management, Society and Communication
With a background in French studies and sociolinguistics, my research focuses specifically on the effects of globalization on languages and their sociopolitical status, language policy especially language education policy, language attitudes, identity, language emancipation and the French speaking world (la francophonie).
I have carried out extensive research in attempts at the political and linguistic development of ‘near’ languages and the consequences of this development at local, national and supranational levels.
I have acquired considerable experience in the field research of language attitudes and the application of quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques in this area.
Working languages (written and spoken): French, English and Danish
Employment outside CBS
External lecturer in French, ENGEROM, University of Copenhagen
Associate professor (Danish high school) in English and French (CPH West).
Language in oral contexts-French, European Business (BA 2nd semester)
Speech and conversation (a course in interpersonal communication) - French, Intercultural Market Communication Studies (BA 2nd semester)
Interpersonal Discourse - French, MA in Intercultural Market Studies CBS/Uni. of Copenhagen
Language and Cultural Diversity - French, MA in Intercultural Market Studies CBS/Uni. of Copenhagen
Academic Language - French, Intercultural Market Communication Studies (BA 6th semester)
Oral Presentation and Interaction (French), European Business (BA 6th semester)
- Master Thesis
- Bachelor Thesis
Supervision areas: Sociology of language/sociolinguistics, Language attitudes studies, Identity (cultural and linguistic), Interculturality, The French-speaking world (France and the francophonie), The history, politics and society of France, Language education policy, Sociolinguistic heritage tourism, Sociolinguistics in a business environment (including corporate language policy)
MA in French, University of Copenhagen
- French in the world from a sociolinguistic and glottopolitical perspective, MA in French
- French Language and Language Awareness Today, MA in French
- Interpersonal Discourse - French, MA in Intercultural Market Studies CBS/Uni. of Copenhagen
- Language and Cultural Diversity - French, MA in Intercultural Market Studies CBS/Uni. of Copenhagen
- Translation Danish-French, Open University BA in French (3rd year)
- Translation Danish-French, Open University MA in French
- Written Proficiency in French, Open University BA in French (3rd year)
- Written Proficiency in French, Open University MA in French
- Academic supervisor in MA student internship reports-French
- MA thesis supervision
- French - Language and Language Production in a Contrastive Perspective. MA in French