Department of Strategy and Innovation
Markus Simeth is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Strategy and Innovation (SI) of CBS. He received his PhD in Management of Technology from the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL). Prior to joining CBS, he worked as an assistant professor at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M). Markus Simeth’s research interests focus on the Economics and Management of Innovation. In particular, he conducts applied micro-econometric studies on open innovation, the role of legal intellectual property rights and voluntary knowledge disclosure for innovation, and firm-level determinants of R&D employee mobility. His ongoing research is generously supported by the Independent Research Fund Denmark (DFF).
- Economics and Management of Innovation
- Science-Industry interactions
- Mobility of R&D employees
- Appropriation strategies of firms
- Bio-Markets (master)
- Strategic Management of Innovation and Technology (bachelor)
- Economics and Management of Innovation (PhD)
- Baruffaldi, S, Simeth, M (2020). Patents and knowledge diffusion: The effect of early disclosure. Research Policy 49 (4), 103927.
- Isaksson I, Simeth M, Seifert R (2016) “Knowledge spillovers in the supply chain – Evidence from the High-Tech sectors”, Research Policy 45 (3), 699-706.
- Simeth M, Cincera M (2016) “Corporate Science, Innovation and Firm Value”, Management Science 62 (7), 1970-1981.
- Simeth M, Lhuillery S (2015) “How do firms develop capabilities for scientific disclosure strategies?”, Research Policy 44 (7), 1283-1295
- Simeth M, Raffo J (2013) “What makes companies pursue an Open Science strategy?”, Research Policy 42 (9), 1513-1543.
In: Research Policy, Vol. 49, No. 4, 5.2020
Paper presented at DRUID18 Conference, 2018
In: Proceedings of the Seventy-eighth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management. ed. /Guclu Atinc. Briar Cliff Manor, NY : Academy of Management 2018 (Academy of Management Proceedings)
No outside activities reported.