Department of Management, Society and Communication
Nicole draws on her background in critical cultural theory to explore the ideological and gendered discourses of leadership and leadership development in a variety of contexts. She has published in the Journal of Business Ethics, Leadership, Gender Issues, and the Academy of Management Proceedings. Her current research focuses on the competitive and cultural dynamics of the leadership industries and the critique of popularized leadership narratives and fashions.
Since arriving at CBS, she has joined the Bowline initiative, which connects stakeholders in the Copenhagen restaurant industry with scholars and students to develop new forms of action research, learning, and collaborative engagement.
- Leadership Development
- Gender and Diversity
- Cultural Studies
- Critical Theory
Co-coordinator, Diversity and Change Management Concentration in Business, Language and Culture program
- Leadership (Cand Merc in Strategy, Organization and Leadership)
- Leading Complex Organizations (MSc in Business, Language and Culture)
- Leadership and Communication (BSc in Business Administration and Digital Management)
- Introduction to Leadership: Conventional and Critical Perspectives (BSc in Business, Language and Culture)
- Diversity Management – Diversity, Gender and Equality in Organisations (MSc in Business, Language and Culture)
Paper presented at 5th Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Leadership Symposium, 2022
Paper presented at The 20th International Studying Leadership Conference, 2022
In: Management Learning, Vol. 53, No. 3, 7.2022, p. 397-416
Paper presented at The Academy of Management Annual Meeting 2022, 2022
In: Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 173, No. 4, 11.2021, p. 723-736
In: Proceedings of the Eightieth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management. ed. /Guclu Atinc. Briarcliff Manor, NY : Academy of Management 2020 (Academy of Management Proceedings)
Stockholm : Spotify 2022
In: Madlandskaber, No. 2, 11.2021
Currently no outside activities.