Department of Digitalization
Somnath is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Digitalization. His research interests focus on Distributed Ledger Technology/Blockchain, Machine Learning, Big Data, and High-Performance Computing. He holds a PhD in Computing Systems from University of Siena, Italy, as well as an MS in Distributed Computing from Polytech Nice Sophia Antipolis, France. Somnath also has worked on multiple EU/International research projects. Before joining CBS, Somnath has worked for Fraunhofer, Germany, Simula Research Lab, Norway, and University College Dublin, Ireland.
- Machine Learning
- Big Data Analytics/Processing
- Data Security and Privacy
- Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning
- Foundations of Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and Smart Contracts
- Thesis topics focused on primary research areas
- Implementation as well as computation methods
- Mazumdar, S., & Scionti, A. (2020). Ring-Mesh: A Scalable and High-Performance Approach for Manycore Accelerators. Journal of Supercomputing, Springer.
- Mazumdar, S., Seybold, D., Kritikos, K., & Verginadis, Y. (2019). A survey on data storage and placement methodologies for cloud-big data ecosystem. Journal of Big Data, Springer.
- Mazumdar, S., & Pranzo, M. (2017). Power efficient server consolidation for cloud data center. Future Generation Computer Systems, Elsevier.
In: Proceedings of the 54th Hawaii International Conference on System SciencesHawaii : Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS) 2021, p. 1497-1506 (Proceedings of the Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences)
In: Future Generation Computer Systems - The International Journal of eScience, Vol. 108, 7.2020, p. 762-776
In: Advances in Computers. ed. /Ali R. Hurson. Vol. 119, Cambridge, MA : Academic Press 2020, p. 1-33
In: Journal of Supercomputing, Vol. 76, No. 9, 9.2020, p. 6720–6752
- No outside activities