Department of Accounting
- Centre for Advanced Studies on Project Management
Peter Skærbæk's research is oriented towards understanding the role of accounting innovations in their social and institutional contexts. He focuses on empirical research applying a variety of methods (from case studies to more interpretive/qualitative and political ethnographies) in the study of traits and effects of management technologies for performance management and accountability. He operates within the area of accounting conducting studies that relates both to management accounting, financial accounting and auditing and is interested in how management technologies are translated into local practices. He dominantly studies these issues in a public sector context. Peter Skærbæk is used as a reviewer to a variety of accounting and management journals.
- The performative role of accounting to strategy and markets
- Performance Auditing in the public sector
- Accounting change processes (To theorize how accounting systems and modes of calculation develop)
- Implementation of accounting (The dynamics/intricacies of implementing accounting systems)
- Risk management (How the practices becomes framed and the effects they generate)
- Accounting and outsourcing (primarily how accounting performs calculations in valuing outsourcing options)
- The role of consultants in calculating strategic options
- Accounting and performance measurement at Cand.Merc.-SOL
- Implementation of Accounting at Cand.Merc.-ASC
- Skærbæk, P. and Christensen, M., Auditing and the purification of blame. Contemporary Accounting Research. Forthcoming
- Vinnari, E. and Skærbæk, P. (2014). The uncertainties of risk management – A field study on risk management internal audit practices in a Finnish municipality. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal. Vol. 27, No. 2.
- Christensen, M. and Skærbæk, P. (2010). Consultancy outputs and the purification of accounting technologies, Accounting, Organizations and Society, Vol. 35, No. 5, pp. 524-545
- Justesen, L. and Skærbæk, P. (2010). Performance Auditing and the narrating of a new auditee identity. Financial Accountability and Management, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 343.
- Skærbæk, P. and Tryggestad, K. (2010). The role of accounting devices in performing strategy. Accounting, Organizations and Society, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 108-124.
- Skærbæk, P. (2009). Public sector auditor identities in making efficiency auditable: The National Audit Office of Denmark as independent auditor and modernizer. Accounting, Organizations and Society, Vol. 34, No. 8, pp. 971-987.
- Skærbæk, P. (2005). Annual Reports as interaction devices – The hidden constructions of mediated communication, Financial Accountability and Management, 21(4), November, pp. 385-411
In: Accounting, Organizations and Society, Vol. 35, No. 5, 2010, p. 524-545
In: Financial Accountability & Management, Vol. 26, No. 3, 2010, p. 325-343
In: Accounting, Organizations and Society, Vol. 35, No. 1, 2010, p. 108-124
In: Accounting, Organizations and Society, Vol. 34, No. 8, 2009, p. 971-987
In: Det fortrængte offentlige lederskab: Offentlig ledelse efter New Public Management. . ed. /Preben Melander. København : Djøf Forlag 2008, p. 79-110
In: Accounting Auditing and Accountability Journal, Vol. 20, No. 1, 2007, p. 101 - 132
In: Financial Accountability & Management, Vol. 23, No. 3, 2007, 3 p., p. 239-241
In: Financial Accountability & Management, Vol. 23, No. 3, 2007, p. 243-268
Paper presented at The 5th Conference on New Directions in Management Accounting, 2006
In: Financial Accountability & Management, Vol. 21, No. 4, 2005, p. 385-411
In: Accounting in Scandinavia 2005, p. 321-343
Paper presented at Asian Pacific Interdisciplinary Research in Accounting Conference, 2004
In: Accounting Auditing and Accountability Journal, Vol. 17, No. 1, 2004, p. 17-40
Paper presented at The 20th EGOS Colloquium 2004, 2004
In: Økonomistyring & informatik, No. årg. 19, nr. 3, 2004, p. 313-344
In: European Accounting Review, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2004, p. 7-38
In: Økonomistyring & informatik, Vol. Årg. 18, No. Nr. 3, 2003, p. 277-309
Paper presented at The 25th Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association. 2002, 2002
Paper presented at The International Conference on Accounting, Auditing and Management in Public Sector Reforms, 2002, 2002
2001, 19 p.
Paper presented at Management Accounting Change Conference, 2001
In: Teori & praksis: Skandinaviske perspektiver på ledelse og økonomistyring : en bog til Preben Melander. . ed. /Sten Jönsson; Bøje Larsen. København : Djøf Forlag 2001, p. 291-322
In: Cases in management accounting. Ed.: Groot and Lukka: Current practices in European companies. . ed. /Tom Groot; Kari Lukka. London : Prentice-Hall 2000, p. 255-281
Paper presented at Nordic Företags Conference, August, 1999, 1999
In: Samfundsøkonomen, No. 5, 1999, p. 33-42
Paper presented at Nordic Conference on Business Studies, 1999
In: Berlingske Tidende, 11.2.2008, p. 11
In: Nordisk Administrativt Tidsskrift, Vol. 77, No. 3, 2000, p. 315-318
In: Berlingske Tidende, 1999