Department of Organization
The department’s PhD students are enrolled in CBS’ PhD school. The objective of the school is to create an active national and international high-quality research environment as a framework for the development of all PhD students as researchers at CBS. This framework should help CBS PhD students to create new knowledge in their respective field of research and to succeed after graduation either in a professional academic research career or in a professional career outside of academia, meaning in private firms or public institutions, where their sophisticated research skills are in high demand.
To achieve this objective, CBS PhD school places large emphasis on
- ensuring an adequate and relevant choice of state-of-the-art PhD courses in all research fields represented and research methods applied at CBS,
- ensuring a high academic level of the PhD programmes through continuous quality assurance and development of existing PhD courses,
- supporting the development of new courses,
- developing and assuring the quality of PhD supervision,
- supporting the enrolled PhD students in presenting their projects at international conferences, in publishing their research and in their studies abroad,
- attracting leading international researchers to the activities of the PhD schools, as teachers in PhD courses, as discussants in work-in-progress seminars, as supervisors and as members in PhD thesis assessment committees,
- establishing institutionalized cooperative agreements with international researchers and research environments,
- and establishing and maintaining a forum for the development of ideas and best practices for the supportive PhD activities in the different departments of CBS.
At the department, we have a PhD line covering all PhD projects within the department’s research areas and research methodologies. The PhD line aims to develop scholars with strong methodological skills and ability to theorize and investigate societally relevant questions pertaining to organizational, managerial and governance-related phenomena. A major strength of the program is its emphasis on strong empirical analyses – involving primarily qualitative methods – and theoretical anchoring.
The IOA PhD line is part of an interdisciplinary course cluster named Management, Organization, Society and Technology (MOST). The PhD course cluster aims to create an active international research environment at CBS by organizing courses for PhD students who work in the areas of business, social science, digital technology and the humanities. The cluster has an interdisciplinary approach and builds on sociology, social psychology, political science, political economy, international business, international economics, philosophy, communication, history, ethnography, cultural studies of organizational and management practice and digital technology. Four Departments at CBS are constitutive members of the MOST cluster: Department of Organization (IOA), Department of International Economics, Government and Business (EGB), Department of Business Humanities and Law (BHL), and Department of Management, Society and Communication (MSC).
Tlf.: +45 3815 2810
tel +45 3815 2635
Tel: +45 3815 3073
Tel:+45 3815 2475
POSTAL AND VISITING ADDRESS
Department of Organization
Copenhagen Business School
Phone: +45 3815 2815