Highlights from the Nordic Fintech Symposium 2023
The Nordic Fintech Symposium 2023, the annual premier event dedicated to exploring the latest developments in finance and fintech, took place on Tuesday, September 26 at the Celebration Hall at University of Copenhagen. The symposium was organized by Center for Big Data in Finance (BIGFI) in collaboration with Copenhagen Fintech. This year's symposium exceeded expectations as it brought together experts, researchers, and practitioners from the finance and fintech sectors.
The event kicked off with a warm welcome by BIGFI Center Director and Professor Lasse Heje Pedersen, setting the tone for a day filled with insightful discussions and cutting-edge research presentations. Attendees were treated to a packed agenda featuring speakers who delved into various topics at the intersection of finance and technology. BIGFI member and Professor David Lando expertly moderated the event, ensuring a smooth flow of insights throughout the day.
- Complexity in Factor Pricing Models by Professor Semyon Malamud from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. Find the slides here.
- Machine Learning and the Implementable Efficient Frontier by Professor Lasse Heje Pedersen from BIGFI and CBS. Find the slides here.
- AI-Powered Trading, Algorithmic Collusion, and Price Efficiency presented by Professor Yan Ji from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Find the slides here.
- Fintech Expansion discussed by Assistant Professor Jing Huang from Texas A&M University. Find the slides here.
- Optimizing Sustainable Financial Portfolios led by Professor Martin Elsman from the University of Copenhagen. Find the slides here.
- Hybrid Intelligence in the Fintech Industry presented by Professor Jacob Sherson from Aarhus and Copenhagen University. Contact Jacob Sherson for slides.
- Cardinality Constrained Portfolio Optimization - A Quantum Use Case? by Allan Grønlund, Co-Founder and Head of Algorithms at Kvantify. Slides not available.
The day concluded with a lively panel debate on "Harnessing the Power of Big Data in Financial Markets," moderated by Bent Dalager, Partner & Head of KPMG Global Quantum Hub, featuring prominent industry speakers: Allan Grønlund (Co-Founder and Head of Algorithms at Kvantify), Michael Kastoryano (Associate Professor at the IT University of Copenhagen and AWS), Brian Norsk Huge (Head of SupaPhly Quants at Saxo Bank) and Jacob Sherson (Aarhus University and Copenhagen University)
This year's Nordic Fintech Symposium showcased emerging trends, groundbreaking research, and practical insights that are shaping the future of finance and fintech. Attendees had the opportunity to network, build relationships, and gain valuable industry insights that can drive future collaborations and partnerships.
For those who missed the event or want to relive the highlights, we have compiled a gallery of pictures from the symposium. Click here to view the pictures.
The Nordic Fintech Symposium is supported by Copenhagen Fintech as part of the "National Position of Strength program for Finans & Fintech," funded by the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science.