Filming and photographing on campus
You need a permission via email if you wish to make an interview, photograph, record and film on campus. A permission ensures that you can work in peace, that relevant staff such as porters are informed in advance, and that students and employees are inconvenienced as little as possible. Please note that private individuals who are filming or taking photos for social media or the like also are subject to rules.We receive a lot of requests, and most are turned down to give students and staff the peace to work. We do not make our buildings, areas or students available for commercial purposes. We prioritise to help journalists who are working on relevant stories related to education and research.
- Everyone who is making interviews, filming or photographing on campus with a view to publication must be able to show a written permission
- You (and your production crews) must contribute to preserving peace and order and must not disturb or follow students or staff. Everyone must respect any refusals of making interviews, filming or photographing. Failing this may result in a dismissal from campus
- It is not permitted to film or take photos at the CBS Library or during examinations
- It is not permitted to film or take photos in lectures/classes without an extra permission from the teacher
- Please read the rules of the Danish Data Protection Agency pertaining to making photos public on the internet and social media https://www.datatilsynet.dk/emner/internet-og-apps/billeder-paa-internet...
Applies to journalists and press photographers:
- You must seek oral consent from people who are part in a journalistic story or who can be recognised. This also applies to identifiable people in the background. The fact that you are on a campus makes the rules for filming or taking photos stricter than the typical distinction between situation photos and portraits in public
- The perspective and role of people in cutaways, voxpops or interviews must be explained clearly and a no must be respected at all times
- You must seek written consent from every identifiable person if you are filming, recording or photographing for campaigns, archives, marketing, commercial purposes or anything non-journalistic without relation to news coverage
- Read more about consent (Danish Data Protection Agency) https://www.datatilsynet.dk/media/6562/samtykke.pdf
Private individuals, bloggers, etc.:
- It is not permitted to publish photos/videos of people in intimate or private situations on social media, cf. s. 264d of the Danish Criminal Code.
- You may not disturb or follow students and employees around on campus. Everyone must respect any refusals of filming or photographing. Failing this may result in a dismissal from campus
Before you ask for permission:
Before you call or send an email to get permission, please have the following information ready:
· Name of media/company who wish to film/photograph/interview
· Contact person
· Date and time
· Participants and wishes for location on campus
Please apply for permission at least a week in advance to allow processing time and contact Communications for more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or here https://www.cbs.dk/en/the-press/press-contact.