Single course students / Open University Students
This applies to you if you want to take summer courses out of interest, to acquire new skills or to improve your competence within a specific area.
Requirements for open university students/single course students
To apply for Summer Unviersity as a single course student you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen or have a permanent residence permit for Denmark. If you do not have one of the listed residence permits, you will need to apply as a Non-European Freemover
- You fulfil the prerequisites for the courses you want to apply for. Please see Course preparation
Tuition fee and payment
All Open University students/single course students are required to pay tuition fees.
|3-weeks and 6-weeks bachelor and graduate courses (7.5 ECTS)
|2-weeks bachelor and graduate courses (2.5 ECTS)
|The 2-week course The Walk and Talk of Corporate Sustainability: Operationalising Sustainability, ESG and Circular Economy - CCMVA2409U
Payment deadline is 10 June 2024.
Please note: If you are taking summer courses as supplementary courses, please wait to pay the invoice until 10 June 2024 when CBS Admissions has informed you if you are accepted to graduate programme or not.
You will need to pay by an e-payment invoice.CBS Accounting will send payment instructions to your CBS email by end May/start June 2024. You pay the invoice(s) by logging into CBS epayment with your CBS username.
When you have paid the invoice, we do not refund the payment.
For an example over budget costs, please see budget/expected expenses here.
Once your course registration has been confirmed, you cannot change the courses. This also applies if you are taking courses to qualify for admission at CBS and you are notified by CBS Admissions that you need other courses in order to qualify.
You should also be aware that enrolment at CBS Summer University does not entail that you fulfil the entry requirements for full-time programmes at CBS or that you are guaranteed admission to full-time programmes at CBS. Find more information about admission to CBS graduate programmes on cbs.dk/graduateadmission.
How to apply
You apply in the online application flow MoveON.
Make sure that you read and fill in all the required information carefully.
You can find guides on how to log in and fill in an apllication on Guides to the application flow
Please note: if you are a CBS student you must use your private email when logging in to MoveOn. You cannot use your CBS email for the application.
Preparing your application
You will need to fill in the following information:
- your personal data
- your student category: open university student
- Select the course(s) that are you main priority. We also recommend that you choose alternative courses to each of your priorities to increase your chances to get enrolled in the Summer University. However, choosing alternative courses is not mandatory, so do not select any if you do not want to take them.
You will also need to upload the following documentation by the application deadline:
- a copy of your current grade transcript in English, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian. A print out from the university system is acceptable but it must include your name, the university and your grades. If your transcript is not in one of the stated languages, you must upload either an authorized translation or a translation signed by your home university. Transcripts in other languages will not be assessed as part of your application.
- a copy of valid passport: the photo page and residence permit stickers, if applicable or EU/national identity card stating your citizenship. The documentation must be valid until the end of the application round as a minimum. Please note that a driver’s license is not accepted.