MSc in Business Administration and Bioentrepreneurship
You are qualified for (but not guaranteed) admission to the programme if you:
A) Fulfil the language requirement by the application deadline
B) Fulfil the specific entry requirements below
C) Have a bachelor degree (or will by study start)
The programme has a limited number of places. If there are more qualified applicants than places available at a programme, there will be a selection process, according to the selection criteria below.
The programme requires English at Danish level B passed with min 3.0 on the Danish grading scale.
The English requirements are very strict, which means that only the qualifications listed on the English level B page are accepted as alternative fulfilment.
The English language requirement must be fulfilled by the application deadline.
SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Your educational background will be subject to an overall individual assessment in order to establish if your bachelor's degree qualifies you for the programme and the academic areas listed below are covered in full and as prescribed.
The specific entry requirements are min. 37.5 ECTS-points within the following areas:
- Min. 15 ECTS-points within a biological system (plants, animals or microbiology)
- Min. 15 ECTS-points within biochemistry/organic chemistry
- Min. 7.5 ECTS-points within biotechnology methods (laboratory experience with molecular biology techniques)
SELF-ASSESSMENT (COURSE MATCH)
Use this form to get an overview of your undergraduate courses (from your bachelor degree as well as any supplementary courses outside of your bachelor degree). You can include courses you have passed as well as courses you are currently taking, or plan to take in the summer.
The following bachelor degrees within natural/life sciences fulfil the specific entry requirements for the 2021 admission year. The English language requirement to be fulfilled by the application deadline.
The advance assessments are based on the obligatory courses as listed in the programme regulations. If you have obligatory courses that have been credit transferred from elsewhere, we will not use the advance assessment and will instead assess your courses using the available documentation.
Please note that fulfillment of the entry requirements does not guarantee admission at the programme.
If your exact university and degree is not stated, you will be assessed according to the programme’s entry requirements.
Bachelor i bæredygtig bioteknologi
Bachelor i biologi
Bachelor i molekylærbiologi
Bachelor i molekylær medicin
Bachelor i biologi
Bachelor i biomedicin
Bachelor i teknisk biomedicin
Bachelor i biologi
Bachelor i molekylær biomedicin
Bachelor i biologi-bioteknologi
Bachelor i farmaci
Bachelor i biokemi
Bachelor i nanoscience
The MSc in Business Administration and Bioentrepreneurship has a limited number of places.
If there are more applicants fulfilling the entry requirements than places available, a selection of applicants will take place.
The following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Grade level
- The academic content of your bachelor degree
- Motivation given in personal statement (see below)
Personal statement is an important element of your application. It is your opportunity to draw our attention to your academic accomplishments, professional experiences and personal aspirations, and to stand out from hundreds of other applicants.
It is very important that you write a personal statement specific to the programme/concentration you are applying for admission to, as it will be carefully considered during our evaluation of your application. Please use a maximum of 2 pages total for your personal statement, and decide for yourself which information you consider to be of most relevance and which information to omit.
1. Tell us about yourself
- Describe yourself in a few sentences, highlighting the personal characteristics you find most relevant to your application
- What can you contribute to the programme/concentration, considering your academic, extra-curricular or professional merit? What makes you stand out?
- Describe and discuss the prior academic accomplishments you find most relevant to your application
- Describe and discuss the prior professional experiences or extra-curricular accomplishments you find most relevant to your application
- If you have an existing connection to the labour market in Denmark, for example via a student job with a Danish company, internship in a Danish organisation or another professional network in Denmark, please make sure to mention it. If you don’t have an existing connection, state that clearly and move on to other topics.
2. Tell us what you want to study at CBS and why
- Why are you interested in this academic field? Which specific criteria or experiences is your decision to pursue studies in this field based on?
- Why this programme/concentration?
- What interests you in the programme/concentration description? Are there any particular keywords that immediately grab your attention? Why?
- Which aspect or component do you find especially challenging? Why? Do you have any strategies in mind to overcome these challenges?
- Given what you know about CBS, why do you want to study this programme/concentration at CBS compared to other universities? What criteria helped you choose CBS?
- What would you do if your application were rejected? Do you have a plan B programme, university, internship, work experience or the like?
3. Tell us about your future plans after graduation from CBS
- Which academic, extra-curricular or professional characteristics do you want to develop in the future? How will pursuing this programme/concentration further your growth in these respects?
- What are your plans after graduation? Specify concrete career trajectories or advanced academic paths, making sure to lay out the reasoning behind your choices.
Enrolment to Second Year
If you already have passed (or will have passed by study start) courses at graduate level corresponding to the 1st year at the MSc in Business Administration & Bioentrepreneurship, you may apply for enrolment to the 2nd year of the programme at the same time as applying for ordinary enrolment.
You apply for enrolment to the 2nd year by:
1. Apply via the Application Portal
2. Upload the special application form (pdf)
3. Upload the necessary extra documentation
Please note that certain conditions must be met to be eligible for (but not guaranteed) enrolment to the 2nd year:
- All ordinary entry requirements (including the language requirement) must be fulfilled as listed above by the application deadline
- Courses corresponding to the 1st year at the programme must be passed by study start (for further information, see below)
To enter direct into the programme’s 2nd year you must altogether have passed min. 60 ECTS-points at graduate level by study start:
You must have passed:
- min. 45 ECTS-points at graduate level within Biotechnology, and
- min 15 ECTS at graduate level within IPR (intellectual Property rights), biology, systems biology, sustainable biotechnology, molecular biology, molecular medicine, biochemistry, biomedicine, technical biomedicine, chemistry and technology, medicine and technology, human biology, nanotechnology, nanoscience, odontology, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, project management, data science or scientific writing.
STATISTICS ON ADMISSION
In our statistics on admission you can find information about the number of applicants for the programme in previous admission rounds as well as the number of places.