Become a mentor
Photo: Bjarke MacCarthy
ABOUT CBS MENTORING PROGRAMME
CBS Mentoring Programme is an offer for students at CBS to discuss career related topics with a business professional. The goal is to prepare and support the students for the choices they will face in their career and in their transition from student life to work life.
We work with group mentoring and individual mentoring and expect to select approximately 150 mentors to match 400 students from a diverse range of study programmes both at master's and bachelor's level. All mentors participate in the programme on a volunteer basis. As a mentor you will contribute with:
- Clarification of the students’ ambitions, passions and opportunities.
- Understanding of the expectations to roles, labour market, and workplace.
- Understanding of the importance of a healthy work-life balance and life-long learning.
- Readiness for career and for transition from student life to work life.
Benefits for you as mentor
As a mentor you will become part of one of the largest and most diverse mentoring programmes of its kind with mentors from a broad variety of industries, organisations and nationalities. Mentoring is an excellent opportunity to develop new skills and learn from the next generation, while giving valuable support to students in their career journey. In addition, we offer our mentors:
- A tool-based workshop, material that will prepare you for the role as mentor and sparring and support throughout the programme.
- New knowledge and inspiration.
- Experience in development of groups and individuals.
- Experience in working with diversity by engaging with Danish and international students.
- Participating in a professional network and events.
Who can be a mentor
The ideal profile for our mentors is alumni from CBS who are highly motivated to make a difference for our students. In addition, we expect our mentors to:
- Hold an academic degree such as a master’s degree, PhD, an MBA or a bachelor's combined with relevant experience from a senior position.
- Have relevant professional experience, minimum 2-3 years for mentoring bachelor's students and longer for master's students.
- Be fluent in spoken English.
- Have the time to engage as a mentor.
- Be willing to share both professional and personal experiences, be open and able to establish a safe and confidential space for our students.
Your role as mentor
You will mentor either one student or a group of students, Danish as well as interntionals and the role requires you to:
- Participate in a training and preparation session together with fellow mentors before the programme starts.
- Prepare and conduct minimum four mentoring sessions from November 2023 – May 2024.
- Contribute with relevant knowledge and competencies (e.g. profession, areas, interests, passion) that can inspire and support the student's development and career readiness.
- Provide a physical or virtual place to meet with your mentees. If possible, we recommend physical meetings with for some of the sessions. CBS does not provide facilities for mentoring sessions.
Application process 2023/2024
To apply, you will need to fill out an application form with information about your background and motivation. We have closed for applications for the mentor programme 2023/2024. We will open for mentor applications again in June 2024.
We wish to ensure diversity, relevant competencies, and understanding of the future workplace among our mentors, and of course meet the demand from students. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that all applicants will be selected as mentors or later matched with mentees.
All applicants will receive a personal response from email@example.com.
If you have questions for the CBS Mentoring Programme, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.