CBS Mandatory Students
This category is only for students who take ISUP courses as a part of their full time studies at CBS, and they are counted as mandatory courses. If you need ISUP courses for other purposes (supplementary courses, etc.), please select the relevant category in the menu on your left and read more.
How to apply
- Make sure you are applying in the right category
- Make sure you fulfil the prerequisites stated in the course catalogue
- Complete the online application flow (Link to application system)
- Enter personal data
- Select student category
- Select courses (1 preferred and 1 alternative = 2 in total OR 2 preferred and 2 alternative = 4 in total)
- Upload documents:
- Copy of current grade transcript (in Danish or English)
- Pre-approval of credit transfer from CBS, confirming that the ISUP courses you want to take will be credit transferred to your current studies
- Go to “print receipt” and your application is complete!
Please note that we process applications continuously as they are received. When you receive an email confirming that your application has been approved, you will no longer be able to make changes to it (Please note that this confirmation email does not mean that you have been assigned the courses you have applied for; you will receive a separate email regarding course allocation later).
The ISUP course offer is subject to student interest and enrolment. Due to unforeseen circumstances there might be changes to the course offer which will be communicated without delay.
You can find further information at my.cbs.dk and on this page.
Further information on your application, ECTS, courses approved for you please contact your study board. Please also contact your study board about the further procedure in case the pre-approval of credit transfer is not ready within the ISUP application deadline.
First round: 13 February 2018 at 12:00 - 20 February 2018 at 23:59
Second round: 3 April 2018 at 12:00 - 10 April 2018 at 23:59
Please note that second round is for seats in the courses that are not fully booked
Make sure that you fulfil the prerequisites stated in the course catalogue, for the course(s) you wish to apply for, before you apply. Please note that it is your own responsibility to make sure that you fulfil the course prerequisites.
ISUP courses are regular university courses taught in English at undergraduate or graduate level. This means that the academic level is equal to the ordinary CBS elective courses.
However, you can only choose the courses that your study board approves for you.
Level of English Proficiency
ISUP students are not required to submit any proof of English proficiency. Since all courses are taught in English and at a high academic level, it is highly recommended to have a strong command in both oral and written English, otherwise it might be difficult to follow the courses and pass the exams. The ISUP secretariat recommends all students to have an English proficiency corresponding to any of the tests and certificates listed below;
- IELTS academic test result of at least 7.0
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English passed
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English passed
- TOEFL iBT test result of at least 91
- TOEFL paper-based test result of at least 577
- TOEFL ITP institutional test done at CBS with a score of at least 577
Please note that you may only take the courses stated on your course pre-approval from your study board.
- Bachelor students at any year of their bachelor programme are able to apply for undergraduate courses
- You may only take courses stated on your course pre-approval
- Read the course descriptions in the course catalogue very carefully to make sure that you fulfil the course prerequisites
- To make sure there are no time conflicts between your courses, please check the course and exam timetables in the section Courses and exams.
- Students can maximum take two courses at ISUP (max 15 ECTS) since the workload per course amounts to 206 hours (the workload for two courses is more than a full time job)
- Please note the type of exam for each course. A "home assignment/mini project" exam run in parallel with the course and will start on the first day of teaching and the research question for the home assignment/mini project must be handed in to the course instructor no later than 12 July 2018 and approved by the course instructor no later than 17 July 2018, read more under the exam section under Courses and exams. All the exams of the type "home assignment/mini project" will take place simultaneously. That means your exam submissions must be handed in on the same day and time. If you do not wish to have two simultaneous home assignments/mini projects, please choose other courses with another exam type. Neither the time nor the exam type will be changed.
- Please note that it is not possible to switch courses once the application rounds are closed. We will overbook all courses in relation to the number of seats in each course. So even if someone else withdraws, this will not leave a seat to be filled.
CBS Mandatory Students must get a dispensation from their study board.