Teaching & Pedagogy
What does BHL’s-commitment to the CBS Nordic Nine look like?
Our pedagogical principles are designed to cultivate a rich and impactful experience for students and equipping them with the knowledge, skills, and mindset necessary for living with empathy for people and the plant and learn to engage ambiguous situations.
1. Active Learning: We emphasize active learning approaches, such as case analysis, simulations, group projects, and experiential learning opportunities. This engages students in hands-on experiences, promotes critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and encourages active participation in the learning process and collaboration with co-students.
2. Practical Relevance: We are dedicated to weaving real-world business contexts into our curriculum and learning activities, ensuring they resonate with both the needs of the industry and our academic vision. By intertwining current industry trends, guest speakers, and real-world case studies with foundational theory, we create a harmonious blend. This synergy between experience-driven practice and theoretical understanding allows students to contextualize and apply their knowledge, while maintaining a curriculum that's not solely driven by external demands.
3. Student-Centered Approach: We place students at the center of the learning process. We recognize their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and learning styles and discuss wellbeing challenges to support each other in specific learning situations. Providing opportunities for individualized learning, collaborative projects, and feedback-driven assessments caters to students’ needs and fosters their personal and professional growth as well as a passion for growing teams.
4. Ethical and Social Responsibility: Throughout the curriculum, we infuse ethical and social responsibility considerations. Our aim is to encourage students to explore the social and ethical dimensions of business decisions, fostering a sense of ethical awareness, and equipping them with the tools to navigate complex ethical challenges.
5. Interdisciplinary Perspectives: Committed to the Business Humanities, we incorporate interdisciplinary perspectives by drawing from and integrating various fields in the social sciences and the humanities. This broadens students’ understanding of the multifaceted nature of business and encourages them to think critically and holistically about complex business issues.
6. Technology Integration: We understand leveraging technology as an integral part of the learning process. Utilizing digital resources, online learning platforms, and emerging technologies enhances collaboration, gives access to information, and develops digital literacy skills required in the business environment.
7. Lifelong learning: We promote a culture of continuous improvement and lifelong learning among students and faculty. Encouraging self-reflection, curiosity of how to give and seek feedback, and taking responsibility of one’s own learning and incorporating innovative teaching methodologies helps adapt to the evolving needs of the business world and society at large. This ensures our graduates are equipped to adapt and thrive in a dynamic world.
By embracing these pedagogical principles, we create an engaging learning environment, fostering the development of well-rounded, ethical, and adaptable business professionals and human beings.