Department of Marketing
Dr. Selma Kadić-Maglajlić is an Associate Professor at the Department of Marketing at Copenhagen Business School. Prior to joining Copenhagen Business School in October 2019, she held several academic positions at School of Economics and Business, University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. After graduating in Business Administration in 2010 at the University of Zagreb, Croatia, she earned her doctoral degree in 2013 at School of Economics and Business, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. Her doctoral dissertation is awarded for scientific and methodological excellence by Institute for Market-Oriented Management, University of Mannheim with IMU Research for practice Award.
Her research mostly focuses on interpersonal influences, emotions, and ethics in selling and sales management. Dr. Kadic-Maglajlic’s research has attracted multiple funds EU funds and has received several international distinctions and awards. Her work has been published in various international journals, including Journal of International Marketing, Journal of Business Ethics, Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Business Research, International Marketing Review, Journal of Macromarketing, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing and others. She is a member of European Marketing Academy, American Marketing Association and co-chair of B2B Marketing Research Cluster (B2BMRC) at Copenhagen Business School.
As a visiting professor Dr. Kadic-Maglajlic was teaching at Vienna University of Economics and Business - WU (Austria), Stord/Haugesund University College (Norway), University of Ljubljana (Slovenia) and University of Zagreb (Croatia). She has helped many start-ups to develop their sales network but also collaborated with multinational organizations such as United National Development Program and United Nations Population Fund.
- Interpersonal influence, emotions, and ethics in selling and sales management
- Innovation and export growth in B2B contexts
- The role of emotions in consumer decision-making process
- Sales Implementation - CCUSO1004E (Customer & Commercial Development – CCD, MSc program)
- International Marketing - CIMMO1069U.LA_F20 (International Marketing and Management – IMM, MSc Program)
Dr. Selma Kadić-Maglajlić has been supervising and examining B.Sc., M.Sc., and doctoral students at various international universities. Exemplary topics for a possible supervisions are: ethical usage of artificial intelligence in sales force management, ethical culture of sales teams and frontline employees, collaborative behavior of salespeople, modern workplace and sales force management.
- Arslanagic-Kalajdzic, M., Kadic-Maglajlic, S., & Miocevic, D. (2020). The power of emotional value: Moderating customer orientation effect in professional business services relationships. Industrial Marketing Management, 88, 12-21.
- Micevski M., Dewsnap B., Cadogan J. W., Kadic-Maglajlic S. & Boso N. (2019) Sales Intra-Functional Flexibility: Its Relationship to Performance and Moderating Effects on Role Stressors, Journal of Business Research, 104, pp. 552-562 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2018.12.021
- Kadic-Maglajlic S., Micevski M., Lee N., Boso N. Vida I. (2019). Three Levels of Ethical Influences on Selling Behavior and Performance: Synergies and Tensions, Journal of Business Ethics, 156(2), pp 377–397 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-017-3588-1
- Kadić-Maglajlić S., Arslanagić-Kalajdžić M., Micevski M. Michaelidou N. Nemkova K. (2017). Controversial advert perceptions in SNS advertising: the role of ethical judgement and religious commitment, Journal of Business Ethics, 141(2), pp. 249-265, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-015-2755-5
- Boso N., Story V. Cadogan J.W., Micevski M., Kadić-Maglajlić S. (2013) Firm innovativeness and export performance: environmental, networking and structural contingencies, Journal of International Marketing, 21(4), pp. 62-87, https://doi.org/10.1509/jim.13.0052
In: Journal of Business Research, Vol. 108, 1.2020, p. 466-475
In: Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 91, 11.2020, p. 285-300
In: Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 88, 7.2020, p. 12-21
In: Journal of Business Research, Vol. 104, 11.2019, p. 644-654
In: International Marketing Review, Vol. 36, No. 6, 2019, p. 979-995
In: Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol. 9, No. 1, 30.3.2019
Zagreb : Sveuciliste u Zagrebu Ekonomski Fakultet 2019, 332 p.
Sarajevo : School of Economics and Business, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina 2019, 324 p.
In: Journal of Business Research, Vol. 104, No. November, 2019, p. 552-562
In: Health Education and Behavior, Vol. 46, No. 6, 12.2019, p. 991-1000
In: Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 156, No. 2, 2019, p. 377-397
In: Journal of Macromarketing, Vol. 39, No. 4, 12.2019, p. 431-446
In: Journal of Business Research, Vol. 86, No. May, 2018, p. 291-299
In: International Marketing Review, Vol. 35, No. 2, 2018, p. 215-235
In: Frontiers in Psychology, Vol. 9, 8.11.2018
In: Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 141, No. 2, 2017, p. 249-265
In: Journal of Business Research, Vol. 80, No. November, 2017, p. 53-62
In: Journal of Business Research, Vol. 80, No. November, 2017, p. 266-276
In: British Food Journal, Vol. 119, No. 7, 2017, p. 1410-1422
In: European Business Review, Vol. 29, No. 6, 2017, p. 680-696
In: Journal of Business Research, Vol. 80, No. November, 2017, 4 p., p. 141-144
In: Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Vol. 31, No. 7, 2016, p. 877-888
In: Journal of Business Research, Vol. 69, No. 11, 2016, p. 5040-5045
In: Trziste, Vol. 26, No. 1, 2014, p. 93-108
In: Total Quality Management and Business Excellence, Vol. 25, No. 1-2, 2013, p. 141-157
In: Journal of International Marketing, Vol. 21, No. 4, 2013, p. 62-87
In: South East European Journal of Economics and Business, Vol. 8, No. 1, 2013, p. 53-61
- Associate co-editor for special issues of Industrial Marketing Management, since 2020
- Program Committee member of 2020 EMAC Regional conference, held at the University of Zagreb, Faculty of Economics & Business, from 16-19th September 2020.
- Panel speaker at the 2018 AMA Faculty Sales Consortium - New Horizons in Selling and Sales Management, Future Research Directions—Lightning Session, August 2018, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Guest co-editor of Journal of Business Research, Vol. 80 (November 2017) Special section "Where the East Kisses the West”: Marketing Convergence and Divergence in the New Europe"
- Dr. Kadic-Maglajlic collaborates with a very well recognized corporations and organizations such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, UNDP - United Nationals Development Program, Phoenix Pharma, GRAWE Insurance, Raiffeisen Bank