Leonardo Maria De Rossi is a PhD Fellow at CBS and a Senior Research Fellow at SDA Bocconi School of Management. He has participated in research projects with private companies in the tech consulting industry, as well as with international academic institutions like the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He is a researcher at the Information System Knowledge Group and he is part of the core team of the research lab "Digital Enterprise Value and Organization" (DEVO Lab). His research activities focus on digital transformation and in particular on Bitcoin and Blockchain technologies and their impact on the business community.
His main academic activities include:
- Directing the fully-online course on blockchain technologies - The Blockchain Journey: debunking myths to manage a new business paradigm (forthcoming - September 2019);
- Executive teaching on blockchain for MBA, EMBA MEBI, MPA, custom programs (Microsoft Dynamics Academy, Samsung - Digital Curriculum, SMVP - Digital Empowerment, BKW,) and open courses (Digital Architect);
- Coordinating the DEVO Lab research on blockchain for the Italian Notaries (i.e. Notarchain - the blockchain ecosystems for Italian Notaries);
- Editing and coordinating the 2017 DEVO Lab research on blockchain- Exploiting Blockchain - Technical Overview, Application Landscape and Business Implications;
- Reviewing academic papers on blockchain for an international IS conference and an international journal;
- Mentoring on the use of blockchain for the Italian Public Administration at the Bocconi Four Digital Public Awards (B4DPA);
- Public speaking on blockchain at tech events (Heroes 2018 - Meeting in Maratea, Blockchain Revolution - Confindustria Udine, La Blockchain cambierà il mondo? - Informatici Senza Frontiere, Cryptocoinference 2018).
- Distributed Systems
- Digital Transformation
- Artificial Intelligence
- Salviotti, G., De Rossi, L. M., & Abbatemarco, N. (2018, January). A structured framework to assess the business application landscape of blockchain technologies. In Proceedings of the 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Abbatemarco, N., De Rossi, L. M., & Salviotti, G. (2018). An econometric model to estimate the value of a cryptocurrency network. The Bitcoin case.
- De Rossi, L. M., Abbatemarco, N., & Salviotti, G. (2019, January). Towards a Comprehensive Blockchain Architecture Continuum. In Proceedings of the 52nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Salviotti, G., De Rossi, L. M. & Abaatemarco, N. (2019). The Blockchain Journey: A Guide to practical business applications. EGEA spa.
In: Proceedings of the 53rd Hawaii International Conference on System SciencesHonolulu : Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS) 2020, p. 5328-5337 (Proceedings of the Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences)