Orbis (New version)
Orbis ia a company database comprising information about more than 100 million companies worldwide. It also covers the banking and insurance sectors.
- Financial information. The system operates a 10-year window for listed companies and a 5-year window for all other companies.
- Information about industry affiliation
- Brief accounts of company history and main activities
- Contact information, including address, phone number, e-mail, website, and link to Google maps
- Management and board member directory
Three key elements
- Ownership: information about shareholders, subsidiaries, equity interests (direct and indirect), ultimate owners etc.
- Mergers & acquisitions: Orbis is linked up to the database Zephyr that contains information about mergers and acquisitions etc.
- Pivot analysis (Segmentation): Two variables (e.g. industry and turnover)
- Peer analysis (peer report): Benchmarking, financial data, a maximum of 500 companies
- Aggregation: Aggregates financial data from selected companies
- Compare groups (Statistical distribution): distribution of a given variable across companies (e.g. turnover)
- Geographic Heat Map (Concentration analysis): relative ratio of a given variable
NB: No access to Global Reports, Royalty Agreement and Industry Profiles.
Historical financial data
ORBIS also provides access to historical financial data from 2000 onwards. Historical financial data on European companies from 1995 is available in AMADEUS. The historical financial data is only available on a single PC and access requires an appointment. Please contact Erik Sonne, firstname.lastname@example.org
Further reading: Overview of resources containing historical financial data (pdf in Danish).
In the help menu (cilck on ? ) you will find information about coverage and navigation. You can find user guides and video tutorials.
|Coverage||300 million companies|
|Period||5 and 10-years windows|
|Provider||Moody's Analytics, Bureau van Dijk|