Job: Teaching Assistant or Associate Professor of Marketing at the Department of Marketing, CBS
Job Opening: Teaching Assistant or Associate Professor of Marketing at the Department of Marketing, Copenhagen Business School
Based in architecturally beautiful buildings in central Copenhagen, the Department of Marketing is a leading provider of excellent research-based education. This is an exciting time for us, as we celebrated recently our 100th anniversary. Our strategy is unashamedly ambitious. Our goal is to be the undisputed leader in marketing education in Scandinavia and a leading marketing department on a European level, held in high esteem in terms of our research and education. Our mission is to deliver excellent research-led education to an international audience at all levels, and to engage with business and society.
The Department focuses on contributing to a holistic understanding of the interactions and activities in the marketplace. Thus, our research focuses on marketing, yet we draw on other academic disciplines to the extent that they improve the quality of our marketing research. The research of the Department covers broad areas (often cross disciplinary) in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing. Faculty members use a wide range of methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative. Through our research-based teaching, we contribute across a palette of courses and programs in the business school including brand marketing management, business-to-business marketing, consumer behavior, design, international marketing, marketing management, marketing performance, relationship marketing, and tourism marketing.
To further increase the number of faculty, we now invite applications for a vacant Teaching Associate Professorship / Teaching Assistant Professorship in Marketing. This position is permanent with teaching obligations. To fulfill the teaching requirements of the position, we expect the candidate to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching activities of the Department. The successful candidate must have a sustained record of satisfactory teaching experience from universities and/or business schools. The advertised Teaching Associate Professorship / Teaching Assistant Professorship is in marketing. Candidates must be able to teach in both Danish and English. It would be preferable if candidates have a Ph.D.
Indicative job duties and responsibilities
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs.
- Promoting CBS’ academic reputation.
- Promoting the teaching capabilities of Copenhagen Business School including blended learning approaches.
- Preferably advanced degree (e.g., MA/MSc/Ph.D.) in an appropriate field.
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness, and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational, and dissemination activities).
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
The application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below. The application must include:
- A motivated statement of why the candidate applies for the position.
- Proof of qualifications (i.e., scanned copies of degree awards) and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant publications in the field.
- A complete, numbered list of publications with an * indicating those academic publications that the candidate wishes to be considered by the assessment committee. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications, teaching evaluations (please state the level of each course), and other relevant material for the evaluation of the candidate’s pedagogical level. Please also include a teaching statement. Candidates should list the areas that they can and will teach.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two candidates and, when possible, five or more candidates will be shortlisted. The shortlisted candidates will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All candidates will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The candidates selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed, candidates are notified of the outcome of their application
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above) by the application deadline.
Deadline: May 25, 2022.
Please visit job link