Department of Strategy and Innovation
Grazia D. Santangelo is professor of Strategic and International Management at Copenhagen Business School and visiting professor at Henley Business School (UK). She earned her PhD in Economics at the University of Reading (UK) and, before joining Copenhagen Business School, hold a Jean Monnet Chair in International Business at the University of Catania (Italy). She researches across the fields of international business, global strategy, and innovation. Her current research focuses on how firms strategize about their intangibles around the globe, the evolution of firms’ internationalization process, and the nexus between different institutions, and firms’ cross-border strategies and organization. Her research has been published in leading academic journals such as Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Economic Geography and Research Policy, and has been recognized by a number of international awards.
She is a member of the editorial review board of Academy of Management Review, Journal of International Business Studies, among others, and associated editor at Journal of International Management, Industry and Innovation and Transnational Corporations. Grazia D. Santangelo is and a Fellow of the European International Business Academy (EIBA), and Chair of the Research Committee of the Academy of Management International Management Division. She served as representative-at-large of the Global Strategy Interest Group of the Strategic Management Society and as former EIBA president.
- International business
- International knowledge sourcing
- Internationalization process
- Firms strategies and institutions
- Maggioni, D., Santangelo, G. D., & Koymen-Ozer, S. (2019) MNEs’ location strategies and labor standards: The role of operating and reputational considerations across industries. Journal of International Business Studies, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1057%2Fs41267-019-00231-x
- Wettstein, F. Giuliani, E. Santangelo, G.D., Stahl, G.K. (2018) International business and human rights: A research agenda. Journal of World Business, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2018.10.004
- Santangelo. G.D., Dellestrand, H. and Andersson, U. (2018) “Institutional antecedents of subsidiary external embeddedness: Coping with regulatory competitive constraints” Long Range Planning, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lrp.2018.10.001
- Rabbiosi, L., Santangelo, G.D. (2018) “Host country corruption and the organization of HQ-subsidiary relationships”. Journal of International Business Studies, https://doi.org/10.1057/s41267-018-0169-1.
- Minbaeva, D., & Santangelo, G. D. (2018) "Boundary Spanners and Intra-MNC Knowledge Sharing: The Roles of Controlled Motivation and Immediate Organizational Context". Global Strategy Journal, 8(2): 220-241.
- Santangelo, G.D., Stucchi, T. (2018) “Internationalization through exaptation: The role of domestic geographical dispersion in the internationalization process”. Journal of International Business Studies, 49(6):753-760.
- Santangelo, G. D. (2018) "The impact of FDI in land in agriculture in developing countries on host country food security". Journal of World Business, 53(1): 75-84.
- Santangelo, G.D. & Meyer, K.E. (2017) "Internationalization as an evolutionary process". Journal of International Business Studies, 48(9): 1114–1130.
- Maggioni, D. Santangelo, G.D. (2017) “Local environmental non-profit organizations and the green investment strategies of family firm”. Ecological Economics, 138(August):126-138.
- Santangelo, G.D., Meyer, K.E., Jindra, B. (2016) “MNE subsidiaries' outsourcing and insourcing of R&D: The role of local institutions". Global Strategy Journal, 6(4): 247–268.
- Mudambi, R. Santangelo, G.D. (2015) “From shallow resource pools to emerging clusters: The role of MNE subsidiaries in peripheral areas”. Regional Studies, 50(12): 1965-1979.
- D’Agostino, L.M. Laursen, K., Santangelo, G.D. (2013) “The impact of R&D offshoring on the home knowledge production of OECD investing regions”. Journal of Economic Geography, 13 (1): 145-175.
- Narula R. Santangelo, G.D. (2009) “Location, collocation and R&D alliances in the European ICT industry”. Research Policy, 38(2): 393-403.
- Rabbiosi, L. Santangelo, G.D. (2013) “Parent company benefits from reverse knowledge transfer: The role of the liability of newness in MNEs”. Journal of World Business, 48(1): 160–170.
- Santangelo G.D. Meyer, E.K. (2011) “Extending Uppsala: Increases and decreases of MNE commitment in emerging economies”. Journal of International Business Studies 42(7): 894-909.
- Santangelo, G.D. (2009) “MNCs and linkages creation: Evidence from a peripheral area”. Journal of World Business, 44(2), 192-205.
- Cantwell, J.A. Santangelo, G.D. (2002), “The new geography of corporate research in information and communications technology (ICT)”. Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 12(1-2): 163-197.
- Santangelo, G.D. (2000), “Corporate strategic technological partnerships in the European information and communications technology industry”. Research Policy, 29(9): 1015-1031.
- Cantwell, J.A. Santangelo, G.D. (2000), “Capitalism, profits and innovation in the new techno-economic paradigm”. Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 10(1-2): 131-157.
- Cantwell, J.A. Santangelo, G.D. (1999), “The frontier of international technology networks: sourcing abroad the most highly tacit capability”. Information Economics and Policy, 11: 101-123.
In: Proceedings of the 55th Annual Meeting of the Academy of International Business. ed. /Patricia McDougall-Covin; Tunga Kiyak. East Lansing, MI : Academy of International Business 2013, p. 161 (Academy of International Business. Annual Meeting. Proceedings, Vol. 55)
In: Journal of World Business, Vol. 48, No. 4, 10.2013, p. 503-514
In: Journal of World Business, Vol. 48, No. 1, 2013, p. 160-170
In: Journal of Economic Geography, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2013, p. 145-175
Paper presented at The 35th DRUID Celebration Conference 2013: Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship, 2013
Paper presented at AIB 2012 Annual Meeting, 2012
In: Proceedings of the 54rd Annual Meeting of the Academy of International Business. ed. /Susan Feinberg; Tunga Kiyak. East Lansing, MI : Academy of International Business 2012, p. 251 (Academy of International Business. Annual Meeting. Proceedings, Vol. 54)
Paper presented at The 3rd Copenhagen Conference on Emerging Multinationals, 2012
Paper presented at The DRUID Society Conference 2011, 2011
Paper presented at The 36th EIBA Annual Conference 2010. European International Business Academy, 2010
Frederiksberg : DRUID - Danish Research Unit for Industrial Dynamics. CBS 2010, 47 p. (DRUID Working Paper, No. 10-19)
No outside activities reported.