Department of Management, Society and Communication
Anna Linda Musacchio Adorisio, PhD., is Assistant Professor of the Department of International Business Communication at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark since 2014 and Honorary Professorial Fellow of Queen Mary University of London since 2011. After completing her PhD. (2008) in Communication Sciences at the University of Lugano, Switzerland she has been recipient of prestigious post-doctoral grants from the Swiss National Science Foundation (2009-2010) and the Wallander-Hedelius-Browaldh Foundation (2010-2013) to conduct research at the College of Business of New Mexico State University and at Gothenburg Research Institute, University of Gothenburg, Sweden. Her research interests revolve around the role of language and narrative practices in the financial sector. She has used a narrative interpretive lens to investigate the cultural and historical context of the global transformations of the banking industry in the past thirty years, namely deregulation, internationalization and innovation. She is interested in interpretive methodologies and in the debate over the place of historical methods in business studies. Prior to her Ph.D she has worked in the financial services industry and she has earned professional certification in this sector.
- Communication in and around the financial sector
- Deregulation, internationalization and innovation in the banking industry
- Narrative research methodologies and historical methods for business studies
- Culture, Identity and Organization (MA International Business Communication)
- Corporate Communication (HA International Business)
Advisor for bachelor, master theses and business projects in the areas of:
- Organizational culture and identity
- International business
- Global Banking
- Corporate and Financial Communication
- Musacchio Adorisio, A.L (2014) Organizational Remembering as Narrative: “Storying” the past in banking. Organization, 21 (4).
- Musacchio Adorisio, A.L., Mutch A. (eds) (2013) In Search of Historical Methods. Journal of Management and Organizational History, 8 (2): 105-110.
- Musacchio Adorisio, A. L. (2011) Narratives: A Love Story in Boje D. (ed.) Storytelling and the Future of Organization: An Antenarrative Handbook, Routledge, New York: 201-212.
- Musacchio Adorisio, A.L. (2011) Life and Miracles of Bank: Stories and metaphors in-between narrated worlds and acts of narrating. Culture and Organization, 17 (5): 435–447.
- Musacchio Adorisio, A. L. (2009) Storytelling in Organizations. Palgrave, London.
- Boje, D., Musacchio Adorisio, A.L. (2008) Living Between myths: Experiences at Wells Fargo Bank in Kostera M. (ed.) Mythical Inspiration for Organizational Realities, Palgrave, London: 127-138.
- Musacchio Adorisio, A.L. (2008) Living among Stories: Everyday life at Wells Fargo Bank. Journal of Organizational Change Management, 21 (5): 610-621.
Paper presented at The 31st EGOS Colloquium 2015, 2015
In: Studies in Communication Sciences, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2015, p. 77-82
Paper presented at IPA Conference 2015, 2015
Paper presented at International Conference on Discourse Approaches to Financial Communication , 2014
In: Organization, Vol. 21, No. 4, 2014, p. 463-476
Paper presented at The Association of Business Historians 22nd Annual Conference 2014, 2014
Abstract from The 2015 International Communication Association Nordic Regional Conference, 2015
In: Communication Director, No. 3, 2014, p. 48-51