S&P Capital IQ
S&P Capital IQ contents
The S&P Capital IQ platform is a web-based platform providing highly structured, in-depth financial data and information on over 63,000 public and 4.5 million private companies, as well as data on markets, industries and people. The platform provides sophisticated tools for analysis, idea generation, and workflow management.
Companies: the backbone of the S&P Capital IQ platform is a collection of highly structured corporate and market data. Coverage: in total, Capital IQ has a base coverage of more than 11 million companies, of which about 10,9 million are active. However, in terms of detailed coverage, the universe is smaller, with 63,000 public companies and 4.5 million private companies, totalling 99% of global market capitalization.
Research Reports: company and industry research reports from contributors and publishers, including brokerage, consulting and research firms
Key developments: structured summaries of news and events that may affect the market value of securities. History depends on the specific event but generally back to the early 2000s.
Transactions: details on M&As and IPOs.
Transcripts: historical transcript data and trends on 10,600+ companies to track the latest corporate actions and trends from management discussions.
People Intelligence: profiles of more than 1 million professionals including private and public company executives, board members, and investment professionals, globally. Coverage from 2003 onwards.
Markets: overview of the development in the market. You can also find more information on industries, geographies, macroeconomics, interest rates and commodities.
HOW TO ACCESS S&P CAPITAL IQ:
To get access to the database as a first-time user you have to register.
Follow these steps:
- Access the database. Use the link above.
Once you open that link, click on “New User?” in the top right corner.
- Submit your e-mail (use your CBS e-mail)
- Check your e-mail to continue setting up your account
- You will receive another e-mail. Click the link “Reset your password” and follow the instructions.
- If you already have a Capital IQ account: Follow the link to Capital IQ and login with your individual credentials.
This tool combines the functionality of the Microsoft Office toolkit with financial and qualitative information from S&P Capital IQ.
You can quickly populate and update your spreadsheets with financial, market, transaction, macroeconomic, and company data.
Install the Excel Plug-in by following these steps:
- Close all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) before beginning the installation
- On the S&P Capital IQ platform, hover over the My Capital IQ tab and select Downloads
- Click the link for Download Office Plug-in to download the installer.
- Launch the installer and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Help and Support
You will find an extended help function with guides, glossary and video tutorials in the database. The help menu is in the right corner of the screen.
User guide (PDF, 24 pages)
In the HELP tap on our Libguide on S&P Capital you can find more user guides and video tutorials.
S&P Capital IQ facts
|S&P Global Inc.