Eikon provides international financial, economic, stock market and company data. Includes coverage of equities, stock market and bond indices, economic statistics, foreign exchange rates, interest rates, fixed income instruments and derivatives.
Eikon desktop software allows data to be downloaded and exported and can be used to create graphics, reports and spreadsheets.
Eikon offers the world’s most comprehensive historical database for numerical macroeconomic and cross-asset financial data which started life in the 1960s as Datastream.
Within Eikon, you can access Datastream charting tools and analytics to help you work with data.
Historical numerical financial database across all major asset classes with history back to the 1950s.
Over 350 million time-series including 5 million economic time series across 156 national economies.
Some key features of Eikon are:
Provides access to extensive business and financial information for listed companies, including:
- Current data of exchange-traded instruments (stocks, warrants, options, futures, indexes, etc.)
- economic data,
- commodity data,
- foreign exchange rates
- interest rates
Data visualization tools
- A vast library of fully customizable analytical functions and expressions
- Charting and Analytical tools, such as correlation and regression, for exploring relationships between different asset types
- Integration with Microsoft office
- Powerful Excel Add-in for creating sophisticated models
- Automatically update your charts and tables in Excel, Word or PowerPoint
- Provides customizable and premade workspaces to view data
- Users will be able to save and export views if they wish for later use.
CBS Library provides access to 5 simultaneous users in the computer lab at CBS Library. Only CBS students have access to Eikon.
If you need to make an APA reference for data, reports or anything else from Eikon, see examples of similar references.
If you need historical data and wish to export large sets, Datastream is a good place to start.
Facts about Eikon
|Coverage||Up to 65 years back, depending of the type of data|
|Geography||Global (the World)|
|Provider||Refinity (formerly Thomson Reuters)|