The Copenhagen Full-time MBA
Responsible Management and Sustainability
Responsible Management is the central theme of the Copenhagen MBA. From the very start of the programme you will develop your skillset through a rigorous 50 hour course in Managing Sustainable Corporations that is divided into four broad topics: Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability; The New Global Rules of the Game; Business Imperative; and Earning Trust with Stakeholders.
In addition, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustainability are incorporated into most of the core courses, equipping you with a 360 degree vision and the ability to assess and implement CSR across business units. You will discover how corporate responsibility is pursued as a core strategy from the board level down, how flat organisational structures and leadership gender equality can foster company cultures built on trust and respect, and how public policies support sustainability initiatives from startups to mature organisations.
Examples of your learning takeaways include:
- See multiple viewpoints; grassroots NGOs to Fortune 500 C-Suites
- Find congruency between responsibility, profitability and strategy
- Be familiar with relevant regulatory and certification frameworks
- Know how financial planning and reporting are impacted
- Understand how to track and report on sustainability performance
- Be perceptive in how to handle CSR-related communication and PR
- Identify stakeholders and understand shared value
- Further develop your ethical management style
Our emphasis on sustainable, responsible and ethical business practices attracts a cross section of up-and-coming leaders who share a common business vision. The diversity of the class also ensures that while Scandinavian approaches to doing business are infused into the programme, they act as a starting point for students to generate healthy dialogue for a global understanding.