Ukrainian applicants

Special information for Ukrainian citizens

The content on this page is relevant for Ukrainian citizens looking to apply for a master programme at CBS with study start in September 2022. We hope you, your family and your friends are safe, and we would like to express our support and solidarity in these difficult times.

On this page, you will find information about the special conditions that apply if you are a Ukrainian citizen and fleeing the conflict in Ukraine.

You will find information about:

  • Residence permit in Denmark
  • How to apply for a master’s programme at CBS
  • Financial aid
  • General information about coming to Denmark

Information about residence permit and refugee/asylum seeker status

The Danish Parliament has passed a Special Act granting Ukrainian citizens temporary residence permit in Denmark.

How to apply for a Danish residence permit

On the Danish Immigration Service’s official site New to Denmark, you can find detailed information in English and Ukrainian about the Act, including who can obtain a residence permit and how to apply for it. The page is continuously updated with relevant information for persons from Ukraine who wish to reside in Denmark or who are in Denmark.

Go to New to Denmark for more information about residence permit.

Please note, that if you have applied for a residence permit or refugee/asylum seeker status in a different European country, there is a risk that you no longer qualify for a Danish residence permit under the Special Act. Please check the current rules for residence permit in Denmark on New to Denmark

Residence permit and studying in Denmark

A residence permit under the Special Act as this will give you the same rights as Danish students, i.e. you will not have to pay any application or tuition fees, and you will be able to apply for the Danish State Educational Grant and Loan Scheme (SU) to get a monthly financial aid.

You do not need a Danish residence permit to be able to apply to CBS or to look into the possibility of studying at CBS.

However, you do need a Danish residence permit to be exempt from tuition fees and to be able to apply for SU. 

How to apply to CBS

CBS has implemented special procedures for Ukrainian citizens who would like to apply to a master’s programme at CBS. However, we are not allowed to depart from any rules and regulations about fulfilling the entry and language requirements.

If you are a Ukrainian citizen and have left Ukraine on 24 February 2022 or later, this means that:

  • You will be able to apply outside normal deadlines, but no later than 31 May
  • You will be exempt from paying the application fee
  • We will process your application as quickly as possible

You will still need to:

  • Fulfil all entry requirements
  • Fulfil the language requirement
  • Undergo selection for a study place at the programme if you are qualified for admission

If you have a residence permit under the Special Act, you will furthermore be:

  • Exempt from paying the tuition fees
  • Able to apply for the Danish State Educational Grant and Loan Scheme (SU) to get monthly financial aid.

If you are considering a master’s programme at CBS, here are the steps to take:

  1. Consider which programme(s) may be relevant for you
  2. Contact us with the relevant information

1. Find the right programme for you

We recommend that you look into the different programmes and read more about the courses they offer to make sure that this is the right programme for your interests and future career.

On, you can find a list of all master’s programmes at CBS.

Please note that CBS usually has a lot more applicants than available study places. This means that it may be difficult to get in to the study programmes unless you have a strong background within business administration.

Talk to a student guidance counsellor at CBS

You are very welcome to contact one of our student guidance counsellors to discuss what options you have at CBS according to your educational background, interests and dreams.

Find contact information for CBS’s student guidance counsellors here

Consider other Danish universities

If you think that CBS may not be the best match for your interests and qualifications, you can contact the central Danish office for Study and Career Guidance. They have an overview of the different educational options available at other universities in Denmark, including those with available places and can help you identify master’s programmes suitable for your qualifications and interests.

Find contact information for guidance about master’s programmes at other Danish universities

Check the entry requirements

Please also check the specific entry requirements and language requirements for the programmes you are interested in to get an idea of whether you may qualify. If you meet all entry requirements, but do not fulfil the English requirement, we will carry out our own internal language test or interview here at CBS for free.

On, you can find a list of all master’s programmes and their entry requirements. Simply click on the programme of your interest to see the specific entry requirements and language requirement for that programme.

Find a list of all master’s programmes and their entry requirements


We know that documentation, both in terms of entry requirements and language requirements, can be difficult under these circumstances. If you are unable to provide part of the official documentation of your qualifications, you should try to gather as much other information and documents as you are able to, to show your qualifications. We will do our utmost to help you.

2. Contact us

Once you have found the programmes that you are interested in, please contact us at:

We will then help you with the application and documentation process.

In order for us to be able to give you the best help possible, please include the following information in your email:

  • Your current location
  • Your current residence status
  • Your educational background
  • Which programmes you are interested in 

Financial aid

Unfortunately, we do not have any CBS scholarships available at this point, as our funds for the current admission year have already been allocated in the application round that ended on 15 January 2022.

However, if you qualify, you can apply for temporary residence permit in Denmark under the Special Act. This type of permit will give you the right to apply for financial aid (SU) under the Danish State Educational Grant and Loan Scheme and benefit from the same type of aid that a Danish citizen would.

Read more about applying for a temporary residence permit on the website of the Danish Immigration Service

Read more about applying for financial aid (SU)

General information about coming to Denmark as a Ukrainian citizen

We have gathered some links, which may be useful if you are considering going to Denmark.

About coming to Denmark

The Danish authorities' have created a joint website for information, questions/answers, etc. on the situation after the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Here you will find information (in English and Ukrainian) about entry to Denmark, residence permit, medical care and much more.

You will find it here: Information for Ukrainian citizens

About studying in Denmark

The Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science has put together a special site for Ukrainian citizens with all information relevant to studying in Denmark, including how to continue you education here, how to get recognition for your Ukrainian qualifications for education or work in Denmark and much more.

You will find it here: Refugees from Ukraine - Welcome



Sidst opdateret: Web editor - Student Communications // 21/04/2022