Business and Development Studies
What gets you the job?
The international focus of the concentration and the introduction into theoretical areas combined with actual real life cases exposes you to different companies and institutions. You are also introduced to working across cultures as part of your studies, which prepares you for work in an international environment. You will have the tools and methodologies for working with investments, projects and interventions in developing countries and emerging markets.
As a graduate in Business and Development Studies you understand business in an intercultural and international context. You have knowledge of how business and development can be united, and of the different market and country specific dynamics you can meet when doing business abroad. You know about the different challenges of doing business abroad and in developing and emerging markets in particular.
With a degree in Business and Development Studies you can work within different fields.
Examples of jobs held by graduates of this concentration:
- Employee at the UN and other international organisations
- Project manager in developing country subsidiaries of international firms
- Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Marketing function related to emerging markets
- Project manager in NGO working with developing countries
- Civil servant in foreign affairs ministries
- Consultant in development oriented consultancies
In the academic profile you can find more information about the various competences you achieve on the programme: Competence profile for BLC