MSc in Business Administration and Bioentrepreneurship
SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Your educational background will be subject to an overall individual assessment in order to establish if the academic areas listed below are covered.
The specific entry requirements are min. 37.5 ECTS-points within the following areas:
- Min. 15 ECTS-points within a biological system (plants, animals or microbiology)
- Min. 15 ECTS-points within biochemistry/organic chemistry
- Min. 7.5 ECTS-points within biotechnology methods (laboratory experience with molecular biology techniques)
The programme requires English at Danish level B passed with min 3.0.
The English requirements are very strict, which means that only the qualifications listed on the English level B page are accepted as alternative fulfilment.
If you do not fulfil the English requirements at the time of applying, you have until study start to document fulfilment. In other words, you are welcome to apply without fulfilling the English requirement, but you must fulfil the requirements as listed on the English level B page before study start (or 1 June if you are a non-EU citizen and need a student residence permit). If you need to take a language test/exam, your scores must be available to CBS Admissions by this time, however, you must upload a registration for the language test/exam when you apply.
The MSc in Business Administration and Bioentrepreneurship has a limited number of places.
If there are more applicants fulfilling the entry requirements than places available, a selection of applicants will take place.
The following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Grade level
- The academic content of your bachelor degree
- Motivation given in motivational essay (see below)
A motivational essay must be personal and specific, and it must prove that you are well-informed and that you have put a lot of thought into your choice of education. It should also explain your purpose and motivation for choosing this particular programme.
You may want to consider the following when writing your motivational essay:
• Reasoning your motivation for choosing the programme
• Explaining exactly why this particular programme is the right one for you
• Elaborating on what you can contribute to the programme and why
• Highlighting any extra-curricular activities/pro bono work/work experience that you believe to be especially relevant
• Your motivation for studying in Denmark, familiarity with Danish society and connection to the Danish labour market
Your motivational essay may not exceed two A4 pages and must be written in English.
Part of the selection criteria is whether or not you already have a Danish Master’s degree. A completed Master's degree can be a disadavantage in the overall assessment. If you have a completed Master's degree from a country other than Denmark, this does not apply to you.
Note that applicants with a completed Danish Master's degree can only enrol in a new degree programme in certain circumstances (see the rules under "Previous studies at Master's level") and even if you are an exception to the rule, this can be disadvantageous.
Enrolment to Second Year
If you already have passed (or will have passed by study start) courses at graduate level corresponding to the 1st year at the MSc in Business Administration & Bioentrepreneurship, you may apply for enrolment to the 2nd year of the programme at the same time as applying for ordinary enrolment.
You apply for enrolment to the 2nd year by:
1. Apply via the Application Portal
2. Upload the special application form (pdf)
3. Upload the necessay extra documentation
Please note that certain conditions must be met to be eligble for (but not guaranteed) enrolment to the 2nd year:
- All ordinary entry requirements (including the language requirement) must be fulfilled as listed above by the application deadline
- Courses corresponding to the 1st year at the programme must be passed by study start (for further information, see below)
To enter direct into the programme’s 2nd year you must altogether have passed min. 60 ECTS-points at graduate level by study start:
You must have passed:
- min. 45 ECTS-points at graduate level within Biotechnology, and
- min 15 ECTS at graduate level within IPR (intellectual Property rights), biology, systems biology, sustainable biotechnology, molecular biology, molecular medicine, biochemistry, biomedicine, technical biomedicine, chemistry and technology, medicine and technology, human biology, nanotechnology, nanoscience, odontology, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, project management, data science or scientific writing.
STATISTICS ON ADMISSION
In our statistics on admission you can find information about the number of applicants for the programme in previous admission rounds as well as the number of places.
The following bachelor degrees within natural/life sciences fulfil the specific entry requirements for the 2020 admission year. The English language requirement to be fulfilled.
Please note that fulfillment of the entry requirements does not guarantee admission at the programme.
If your exact university and degree is not stated, you will be assessed according to the programme’s entry requirements.
Bachelor i bæredygtig bioteknologi
Bachelor i biologi
Bachelor i molekylærbiologi
Bachelor i molekylær medicin
Bachelor i biologi
Bachelor i biomedicin
Bachelor i teknisk biomedicin
Bachelor i biologi
Bachelor i molekylær biomedicin
Bachelor i biologi-bioteknologi
Bachelor i farmaci
Bachelor i biokemi
Bachelor i nanoscience