Courses and exams
- Each course will be taught 2 X 2.5 hours per week
- Classes will be taught either on Mondays & Wednesdays or Tuesdays & Thursdays with the following additions:
- For Mondays & Wednesday sessions; in the first week of the programme the Monday session will be held on the Friday, in addition there will be one extra session on the second Friday of the programme
- For Tuesday & Thursday sessions there will be one extra session on the third Friday of the programme
- The first day of teaching will be 23 June or 24 June 2020
- The last day of teaching will be 22 July or 23 July 2020
- Exam period:
- Home assignments/mini projects: 23/24 June - 24 July 2020. Please note that exam will start on the first teaching day and will run in parallel with the course.
- 4-hour home assignment: 27 - 31 July 2020
Please note: You cannot follow courses that take place at the same time - exams will most likely also be held at the same time. It is therefore very important that you check the course timetable before selecting courses. Also note that all home assignments/mini projects (running in parallel with the course) will take place simultaneously. That means your exam submissions must be handed in on the same day and time.
NB! Special dates for short courses: BHAAI1082U Entrepreneurship & Innovation, CCMVI2080U Blockchain and Sustainable Digital Infrastructures for Business and CCMVI2081U Sustainability in the Nordics.
ISUP courses will be available in students CBS Calendar on calendar.cbs.dk. NB! Until you receive your CBS email account you can find the course and exam schedules at the top of this page.
|Course code and title||Course areas covered for graduate admission at CBS|
|BHAAI1072U Undergraduate Managerial Accounting||Accounting or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|CANCELLED due to not enough applications - BHAAI1075U Foundations of Supply Chain Management||Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1078U Contemporary Business Ethics and Responsibilities: A Global Strategic Decision-Making Perspective||Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1034U The Persuasive Power of External Communication in Shaping Business Fates and Fortunes||External Communication or General Communication or Communication|
|CANCELLED due to not enough applications - BHAAI1028U Undergraduate Corporate Finance||Finance or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1066U Principles of Investment Finance||Finance or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1067U Undergraduate International Finance||Finance or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics NB: The course may cover a maximum of 2.5 ECTS-points in Finance|
|CANCELLED due to not enough applications - BHAAI1079U Financial Management||Finance or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1020U Organizational Communication and Reputation Management - Theory and Practice||
General Communication or Communication
NB! Short course week 26, 27 and 28. Cannot be taken together with any other ISUP course.
|Innovation & Entrepreneurship or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1022U Principles of Macroeconomics||Macroeconomics or Economics or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1003U Undergraduate Consumer Behavior and Customer Analysis||Marketing or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1015U Introduction to Marketing||Marketing or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1070U Consumer Behaviour and Social Marketing||Marketing or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics
NB: The course may cover a maximum of 2.5 ECTS-points in Marketing
|BHAAI1023U Principles of Microeconomics||Microeconomics or Economics or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1041U Organisational Behaviour and Organisational Analysis||Organisation or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1071U Change Management and The Values-Driven Organization||Organisation or Management or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1080U Statistics and Data Analysis||Quantitative Methods/Statistics or Quantitative Methods or Social Science Methodology|
|BHAAI1064U Managing Strategically in a Globalised World||Strategy or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|Course code and title||MAIN COURSE AREAS|
|CANCELLED due to not enough applications - CCMVI2070U Graduate Managerial Accounting||Accounting, Management|
|CANCELLED due to not enough applications - CCMVI2087U Organizational Performance Management||Accounting, Management|
|CANCELLED due to not enough applications - CCMVI2095U Accounting for Sustainability||Accounting, Management, CSR and Sustainability|
|CCMVI2038U Psychology of Decision Making - We are not irrational, are we?||Business Psychology, Management, Customer behaviour|
|CCMVI2061U Financial Communication||Communication, Finance|
|CCMVI2032U Business and Society: Beyond Compliance toward Sustainability, Innovation and Social Impact||CSR and Sustainability, Strategy, Globalization and International Business|
|CANCELLED - CCMVI2045U Impact Investing and Finance||CSR and Sustainability, Finance, Philosophy and ethics|
NB! Short course week 26, 27 and 28. Cannot be taken together with any other ISUP course.
|CSR and Sustainability, Strategy, Cultural studies|
|CANCELLED - CCMVI2093U Circular Economies: Towards a Global Shift?||CSR and Sustainability, Corporate Governance, Globalization and International Business|
|CCMVI2089U Introduction to Gamification and Behavior Management||Customer Behavior, Management|
|CCMVI2014U Graduate Consumer Behaviour||Customer Behaviour, Marketing, Business Psychology|
|CANCELLED - CCMVI2091U Nudge for Good: Behavioural insights for Consumers, Businesses and Organizations||Economics, Corporate Governance, CSR and Sustainability|
|CCMVI2057U Internationalization of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises||Entrepreneurship, Globalization and International Business|
|CCMVI2086U Green Ventures||Entrepreneurship, CSR and Sustainability, Management|
|CCMVI2008U Financial Statement Analysis||Finance, Economics|
|CCMVI2041U Graduate Corporate Finance||Finance|
|CCMVI2046U Graduate International Finance||Finance, Globalization and International Business, Corporate Governance|
|CCMVI2067U Investments: Financial Markets, Options and Derivatives||Finance|
|CCMVI2084U Personal and Household Finance: from learning how to become rich, to designing public policies||Finance, International Political Economy, Globalization and International Business|
|CCMVI2013U Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainable Business Practices and Development Economics: an Integrated Framework||Globalization and International Business, International Political Economy, CSR and Sustainability|
|CANCELLED due to not enough applications - CCMVI2083U Information Security Management||Information Technology, Management|
|CCMVI2085U Machine Learning for Predictive Analytics in Business||Information Technology, Economics, Finance|
|CANCELLED due to not enough applications - CCMVI2088U Data Mining for Business Intelligence||Information Technology, Statistics and Quantitative Methods|
|CCMVI2090U Management of Digital Platforms||Information Technology, Management, Managerial Economics|
NB! Short course week 26, 27 and 28. Cannot be taken together with any other ISUP course.
|Innovation, Information Technology, Entrepreneurship|
|CCMVI2065U Leading Innovative Organizations||Management, Organization, Innovation|
|CCMVI2071U Business Intelligence||Management, Marketing, Economics|
|CCMVI2092U Quality Management and Customer Experience (CX)||Management, Customer Behavior, Service Management|
|CCMVI2049U Integrated Marketing Communications||Marketing, Communication, Customer Behaviour|
|CCMVI2072U Advertising in a Global Context||Marketing, Globalization and International Business|
|CANCELLED due to not enough applications - CCMVI2044U Managing Non-Profits - Learning from Principles and Practices||Non-Profit Organization Management, CSR and Sustainability, Service Management|
|CCMVI2048U Organization: Team Dynamics in Multinational Corporations||Organisation, Organizational Behavior, Management|
|CCMVI2094U Lean Project Managment and Strategic Employment Relations||Project and Change Management, Management, Intercultural Studies|
|CCMVI2097U International Strategic Management||Strategy, International Business, Management|
|CANCELLED due to not enough applications - CCMVI2098U Strategic Management with Perspectives on China||Strategy, Management|
|CANCELLED due to not enough applications - CCMVI2051U Marketing Logistics and Retail Supply Chains||Supply Chain Management, Marketing|
Course changes and withdrawal
Please note that it is not possible to switch courses once the application round is closed. We will overbook all courses in relation to the number of places in each course. So even if someone else withdraws, this will not leave a place to be filled.
Course changes and cancellations
The ISUP course offer is subject to student interest and enrolment. Due to unforeseen circumstances there might be changes to the course offer which can happen up until the beginning of the programme. Changes will be communicated without delay.
Students can withdraw from courses depending on the student category.
- CBS Elective Students can withdraw no later than 10 March 2020 through the Online Student Service. After deadline please contact your Study Board
- CBS Mandatory Students must get a dispensation from their Study Board
- Nominated Exchange Students must have a standard workload of two courses equivalent to 15 ECTS. Any deviation from the standard workload must be agreed upon in advance with your home university and the ISUP secretariat
- Credit Transfer Students, Non-European Freemovers and Open University Students can withdraw by writing to email@example.com no later than 16 June 2020.
Preliminary assignment and feedback activity
All courses include a Preliminary Assignment, which will be available to students on CBS Canvas (e-learning platform) on 2 June 2020 at the latest and is due in class 1.
- Objective: To provide students with an incentive to start learning about the subject matter of the course before the start of the classes with a formalized activity that will ‘jump-start’ their learning, thereby assisting them to get maximum value from the course
- Content: These assignments should focus on introductory material on the subject of the course (i.e. text chapters, journal papers, video clips, etc.) with the aim of preparing for a specified task, scheduled for class 1 (first week of classes). The work required from students should equate to 4‐5 hours of preparation
- Structure: These assignments can be structured in various ways. For example, quizzes, short written reports, or presentations with a few PowerPoint slides. They are aimed at providing students with practice in doing assignments and are not assessed with Pass/Fail (i.e. no retry option will be given)
- Schedule: All materials will be uploaded on CBS Canvas (e-learning platform) approx. one month before the programme start and no later than 2 June 2020
- Impact: There will be no direct impact on the final course grade, but preparing the assignment should help students to have a higher level of learning right from the start of the course with the consequence that they may be able to obtain a higher grade in the final examination
A Feedback Activity, defined by the course instructor, will take place approx. half-way through the course. The Feedback Activity will have no direct impact on the final course grade.
For courses with the exam type home assignments/mini projects; please note that this will also be the deadline for handing in your research question (problem formulation) to your instructor, for approval. Please read more about this under the exam section.
All courses include Preliminary Assignments that will be announced on CBS Canvas (e-learning platform) 3 weeks before the programme start and will cover reading and reflecting on several background articles, journal papers, video clips etc. that will form the basis of short presentations, problem analyses or self-graded quizzes in class 1. During the programme it will be very difficult to catch up if you fall behind on the readings.
Primary (mandatory readings) and secondary (additional relevant readings/nice-to-have) books will be updated in the individual course descriptions in the course catalogue. Additional material (cases and articles) and links will be posted on CBS Canvas by the instructor.
Will I have full access to the library and its facilities?
ISUP students will be given access to the library facilities, as well as to all electronic journals that CBS subscribes to.
Do I need to buy literature and text books for all my courses?
Even though a copy of the required literature for each course will be available at the CBS library we cannot guarantee that it will always be available to you, since you will be sharing this resource with many other students. Therefore, we advise students to buy the required text(s) and use the CBS Library for supplementary reading. Please note sharing of textbooks during an exam is strictly prohibited.
Where and when can I buy the literature for my courses?
The CBS book store Academic Books will carry required books for ISUP courses, please note that some secondary (additional relevant readings/nice-to-have) books might not be available through Academic Books. Information about literature will be available under “Curriculum lists” if you choose “CBS-Copenhagen Business School” and then “Summer University”, the curriculum lists are available from start June, but the books can be searched on individually on their website from around one month before the programme start. Academic Books ship orders abroad, please find further information on their webpage under Customer service.
Different version and editions
Textbooks written by the same author often exist in different versions and editions, and even though they have the same title, they might vary in content. At ISUP, we encourage our faculty members to use the European version where applicable, but since many of our faculty members come from the US, Canada and Australia other versions might be used. For that reason we cannot guarantee that Academic Books at CBS will be able to provide all ISUP textbooks.
CBS Canvas (e-learning platform)
What is CBS Canvas?
- Students find course information, preliminary assignments, additional material etc.
- Students post messages and communicate with their instructor and fellow students
How do I get access?
After you have been admitted to the programme, the ISUP Secretariat will send your CBS username and password, which is needed for logging in. You should receive this by mid/end-May at the latest. Then you can access CBS Canvas
Link to CBS Canvas can also be found at my.cbs.dk
ECTS credits and class attendance
Each ISUP course is worth 7.5 ECTS credits, and two courses are equal to 15 ECTS, or half a semester's full course load at CBS.
The workload in ISUP is 206 student work hours per course, and this includes participating in classes, course reading, group work and exams/written projects. A large portion of the learning process in ISUP courses is outside of class, so students should be prepared to spend plenty of time reading before ISUP as well as during the programme.
At Danish universities class attendance is not mandatory. However, ISUP is a very intensive programme, and we expect that all students attend and actively participate in all classes.
Read more about the Academic experience and the Dansih grading scale and how it is to be a student at CBS on CBS student life.
Exam periods 2020
Ordinary exam*: 23/24 June – 24 July 2020 (home assignments/mini projects) and 27 July – 31 July 2020 (4-hour home assignments)
All students must apply for a dispensation to withdraw from the ordinary exam. CBS Elective Students and CBS Mandatory Students must contact their Study Board, and other students must contact Exams
Retake exam: 28 September – 2 October 2020 (4-hour home assignments) and 5 – 8 October 2020 (72-hour home assignments for all exams)
All students, inclusive CBS Elective Students and CBS Mandatory Students, can de-register from the retake no later than 3 weeks prior to the exam by writing an e-mail to the Exams
3rd exam attempt: 23 – 26 November 2020 (72-hour home assignments for all exams)
All students must actively register for the 3rd exam attempt no later than 6 November 2020. You do that by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of exams
At ISUP there are two types of exams*:
4-hour written sit-in exams NB! No exams at CBS Examination Hall due to the Covid-19, please see the Exam Schedule at the top of this page.
- All 4-hour written exams will be held between 27 July – 31 July 2020 (ordinary exams)
- All 4-hour written exams will be held at the CBS Examination Hall. The exact rooms will not be announced, students will be directed to the respective exam rooms by the invigilators
- There are 3 types of 4-hour written sit-in exams:
- Closed book - no aids allowed
- Limited aids
- Open book - all written and electronic aids, including internet access is allowed
- All 4-hour written exams are computer based and you must use the computers at the CBS Examination Hall
Check the course description in the course catalogue for detailed information about the 3 different types of written sit-in exams
Home assignments/mini projects (Max 15 pages)**
- All home assignments/mini projects will start on the first day of teaching and will run in parallel with the course (meaning that all home assignments/mini projects run simultaneously). The project is due on 24 July 2020 no later than 12:00 noon (ordinary exams)
- All home assignments/mini projects are based upon a research question (problem formulation) formulated by the students individually, and must be approved by the instructor. Approval deadline will be defined by the instructor. Hand-in of the problem formulation to the instructor by the 3rd teaching week.
- The approval is a feedback to the student about the instructor's assessment of the problem's relevance and the possibilities of producing a good report
- All home assignments/mini projects have to be submitted through Digital Exam (e-submission system), and can be done from any computer (Please note that the home assignment/mini project is an individual assignment and cannot be submitted in groups)
- If you experience technical challenges in uploading your project, please contact the IT-support / +45 3815 3575 or Exams immediately
- NB!: It is not possible to hand in home assignments/mini projects to the International Office, the ISUP Secretariat or Student Hub!
*There will be special exam dates for short courses. Please check the course catalogue.
** Please note that for retake exams the exam format is a 72-hour home assignment instead (Max 10 pages). All 72-hour exams take place simultaneously.
Check the course descriptions in the course catalogue for further information on the exam type for your course.
If you need your exam assignments and answers, please log on to Digital Exam and save these documents while you still have a valid CBS email address (your CBS email address will be valid 3 month after your last exam)
Exam registration 2020
Please find all information regarding exams at my.cbs.dk
Fee-paying students will only be registered for the 3rd exam attempt if they pay an extra fee of DKK 2,000 per course. Deadline for paying is 13 November 2020 to the account you find at my.cbs.dk
The following text must be the message field on your transfer: ISUP20 (student name) very important in order for CBS Accounts Department to identify your payment.
NB: Please remember to pay all bank transaction fees, including those of the receiving bank, when you make a bank transfer - please ensure to instruct your bank not to share the fees but to debit all fees on the debit account.
Please note that the fee cannot be refunded since exam assignments are ordered as soon as the fee is paid. You should therefore not pay the fee before you are absolutely sure that you need to attend the 3rd exam attempt. Please also note that there is a very short deadline between grades being announced from the retake exams to the deadline for paying the fee for attending the 3rd attempt.
Grading and Transcripts
Grades for all ISUP courses are based 100% on the final exam. You can see your grades on the Online Student Service no later than 4 weeks after your exam.
CBS International Office is going green and you will thus receive a digital transcript.
CBS students taking ISUP courses as elective courses will not receive a transcript/certificate for ISUP. Your grades will appear on the Online Student Service as well as on your final degree transcript.
Exam guidelines, dispensation and complaints
All information about exam guidelines, allowed aids, dispensation rules and exam complaints can be found at my.cbs.dk
- Information on exam guidelines can be found under Exam preparation
- General information about allowed exams aids can be found under Exam aids
For the allowed exam aids for your specific course, check the course catalogue
- Information about dispensations for extended time and/or taking exams abroad (or other exam issues) can be found under Special conditions at exams
- Ordinary exam: Deadline for sending a dispensation application is 6 weeks before the exam. However, if you are a CBS student taking ISUP courses as elective, mandatory or fee-paying courses you can hand in the dispensation for extended exam time issued by your CBS study board 2 weeks before the exam.
- Retake exam: Deadline for sending a dispensation application is 4 weeks before the exam. However, if you are a CBS student taking ISUP courses as elective, mandatory or fee-paying courses you can hand in the dispensation for extended exam time issued by your CBS study board 2 weeks before the exam.
- If you are applying for an exemption that is caused by something unexpected, you can apply after the deadline
- Information about exam complaints can be found under Exam complaints and appeals
Looking for courses offered before 2020, please check the archive in the CBS course catalogue (select the academic year you attended ISUP and search by title or course code).
Guide to academic years:
- ISUP 2014 courses - select 2014/2015
- ISUP 2015 courses - select 2015/2016
- ISUP 2016 courses - select 2015/2016
- ISUP 2017 courses - select 2016/2017
- ISUP 2018 courses - select 2017/2018
- ISUP 2019 courses - select 2018/2019
Please write an email to email@example.com should you have further questions.