Courses and exams
Information for 2022 TBA. Courses for 2022 will be announced in December 2021.
- Each course will be taught 2 X 2.75 hours per week
- Classes will be taught either on Mondays & Wednesdays or Tuesdays & Thursdays with the following additions:
- For Mondays & Wednesday sessions; in the first week of the programme the Monday session will be held on the Friday, in addition there will be one extra session on the second Friday of the programme
- For Tuesday & Thursday sessions there will be one extra session on the third Friday of the programme
- Course period: 22 June to 23 July 2021.
- Exam period:
- Home assignments/mini projects: 22/23 June - 30 July 2021. Please note that exam will start on the first teaching day and will run in parallel with the course.
- 4-hour home assignment: 26 - 30 July 2021
Please note: You cannot follow courses that take place at the same time - exams will most likely also be held at the same time. It is therefore very important that you check the course timetable before selecting courses. Also note that all home assignments/mini projects (running in parallel with the course) will take place simultaneously. That means your exam submissions must be handed in on the same day and time.
NB! Special dates for short courses: BHAAI1082U Entrepreneurship & Innovation, CCMVI2008U Financial Statement Analysis, CCMVI2080U Blockchain and Sustainable Digital Infrastructures for Business and CCMVI2081U Sustainability in the Nordics. Short courses (3 weeks) cannot be taken together with any other course - neither another short course nor an ordinary course (6 weeks).
ISUP courses will be available in CBS Calendar on calendar.cbs.dk. You need CBS email account to access calendar.cbs.dk. NB! Until you receive your CBS email account you can find the course and exam schedules at the top of this page.
|Course code and title||
Course areas covered for graduate admission at CBS
|BHAAI1072U Undergraduate Managerial Accounting||Accounting or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
BHAAI1083U Financial Accounting CANCELLED
|BHAAI1078U Contemporary Business Ethics and Responsibilities: A Global Strategic Decision-Making Perspective CANCELLED|
|BHAAI1086U International Business and Sustainability||Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1090U Personal and Household Finance: from learning how to become rich, to designing public policies||Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1088U Persuasive Business Communication||External Communication or General Communication or Communication|
|BHAAI1087U Reputation Management for Executives & Entrepreneurs CANCELLED|
|BHAAI1066U Principles of Investment Finance||Finance or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1067U Undergraduate International Finance||Finance or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
NB! Short course - 3 weeks. Cannot be taken together with any other ISUP course
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1084U Business Model Management in the Digital Age CANCELLED|
|BHAAI1089U The Past, Present and the Future of Innovation, Engaging Theory to Inform Practice CANCELLED|
|BHAAI1022U Principles of Macroeconomics||Macroeconomics or Economics or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1023U Principles of Microeconomics - a Business Perspective||Microeconomics or Economics or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1003U Undergraduate Consumer Behavior and Customer Analysis||Marketing or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics
NB: The course may cover a maximum of 2.5 ECTS-points in Marketing
|BHAAI1015U Introduction to Marketing||Marketing or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1070U Consumer Behaviour and Social Marketing CANCELLED|
|BHAAI1041U Organisational Behaviour and Organisational Analysis||Organisation or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1071U Change Management and The Values-Driven Organization||Organisation or Management or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|BHAAI1085U Behavioral Economics and Finance CANCELLED|
|BHAAI1080U Statistics and Data Analysis||Quantitative Methods/Statistics or Quantitative Methods or Social Science Methodology|
|BHAAI1064U Managing Strategically in a Globalised World||Strategy or Business Administration or Business Administration/Economics|
|Course code and title||MAIN COURSE AREAS|
|CCMVI2093U Circular Economies: Towards a Global Shift?||Corporate governance, CSR and Sustainability, Globalisation and international business|
|CCMVI2013U Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainable Business Practices and Development Economics: an Integrated Framework||CSR and Sustainability, Globalisation and international business, International political economy|
|CCMVI2032U Business and Society: Beyond Compliance toward Sustainability, Innovation and Social Impact||CSR and Sustainability|
NB! Short course - 3 weeks. Cannot be taken together with any other ISUP course.
|CSR and Sustainability, Strategy, Cultural studies|
|CCMVI2086U Green Ventures||CSR and sustainability, Entrepreneurship, Management|
|CCMVI2014U Graduate Consumer Behaviour||Customer behaviour, Marketing, Business psychology|
|CCMVI2038U Psychology of Decision Making - We are not irrational, are we?||Customer behaviour, Management, Business psychology|
|CCMVI2049U Integrated Marketing Communications||Customer behaviour, Communication, Marketing|
|CCMVI2089U Introduction to Gamification and Behavior Management||Customer behaviour, Communication, Management|
|CCMVI2092U Quality Management and Customer Experience (CX)||Customer behaviour, Experience economy, Service management|
|CCMVI2057U Internationalization of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises||Entrepreneurship, Globalisation and international business, Strategy|
NB! Short course - 3 weeks. Cannot be taken together with any other ISUP course.
|Entrepreneurship, Information techonology, Innovation|
|CCMVI2041U Graduate Corporate Finance||Finance|
|CCMVI2067U Investments: Financial Markets, Options and Derivatives CANCELLED|
NB! Short course - 3 weeks. Cannot be taken together with any other ISUP course.
|CCMVI2061U Financial Communication||Finance, Communication, Management|
|CCMVI2045U Impact Investing and Finance CANCELLED||Finance, CSR and sustainability, Philosophy and ethics|
|CCMVI2101U Entrepreneurial Finance||Finance, Entrepreneurship|
|CCMVI2046U Graduate International Finance||Finance, Globalisation and international business|
|CCMVI2085U Machine Learning for Predictive Analytics in Business||Finance, Information technology, Economics|
|CCMVI2099U Quantitative Investment Strategies||Finance, Statistics and quantitative methods|
|CCMVI2072U Advertising in a Global Context||Globalisation and international business, Communication, Marketing|
|CCMVI2097U International Strategic Management||Globalisation and international business, Management, Strategy|
|CCMVI2094U Lean Project Managment and Strategic Employment Relations||Humane resource managment, Project and change management, Strategy|
|CCMVI2065U Leading Innovative Organizations||Innovation, Management, Organisation|
|CCMVI2071U Business Intelligence||Management, Marketing, Supply chain management and logistics|
|CCMVI2048U Organization: Team Dynamics in Multinational Corporations||Management, Organisation, Organisational behaviour|
Course changes and withdrawal
Please note that it is not possible to switch courses once the application round is closed. We will overbook all courses in relation to the number of places in each course. So even if someone else withdraws, this will not leave a place to be filled.
Course changes and cancellations
The ISUP course offer is subject to student interest and enrolment. Due to unforeseen circumstances there might be changes to the course offer which can happen up until the beginning of the programme. Changes will be communicated without delay.
Students can withdraw from courses depending on the student category.
- CBS Elective Students can withdraw on 15 March 2022 (end of second application round) at the latest through the Online Student Service. After deadline please contact your study board
- CBS Mandatory Students must get a dispensation from their Study Board
- Nominated Exchange Students must contact their coordinator who will afterwards contact us. Deadline for withdrawing is TBA
- Credit Transfer Students, Non-European Freemovers and Open University Students can withdraw by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than TBA
Preliminary assignment and feedback activity
Information for 2022 TBA
All courses include a Preliminary Assignment, which will be available to students on CBS Canvas (e-learning platform) on 31 May 2021 at the latest and is due in class 1.
- Objective: To provide students with an incentive to start learning about the subject matter of the course before the start of the classes with a formalized activity that will ‘jump-start’ their learning, thereby assisting them to get maximum value from the course
- Content: These assignments should focus on introductory material on the subject of the course (i.e. text chapters, journal papers, video clips, etc.) with the aim of preparing for a specified task, scheduled for class 1 (first week of classes). The work required from students should equate to 4‐5 hours of preparation
- Structure: These assignments can be structured in various ways. For example, quizzes, short written reports, or presentations with a few PowerPoint slides. They are aimed at providing students with practice in doing assignments and are not assessed with Pass/Fail (i.e. no retry option will be given)
- Schedule: All materials will be uploaded on CBS Canvas (e-learning platform) approx. one month before the programme start and no later than 31 May 2021
- Impact: There will be no direct impact on the final course grade, but preparing the assignment should help students to have a higher level of learning right from the start of the course with the consequence that they may be able to obtain a higher grade in the final examination
A Feedback Activity, defined by the course instructor, will take place approx. half-way through the course. The Feedback Activity will have no direct impact on the final course grade.
For courses with the exam type home assignments/mini projects; please note that this will also be the deadline for handing in your research question (problem formulation) to your instructor, for approval. Please read more about this under the exam section.
Information for 2022 TBA
All courses include Preliminary Assignments that will be announced on CBS Canvas (e-learning platform) 3 weeks before the programme start and will cover reading and reflecting on several background articles, journal papers, video clips etc. that will form the basis of short presentations, problem analyses or self-graded quizzes in class 1. During the programme it will be very difficult to catch up if you fall behind on the readings.
Primary (mandatory readings) and secondary (additional relevant readings/nice-to-have) books will be updated in the individual course descriptions in the course catalogue. Additional material (cases and articles) and links will be posted on CBS Canvas by the instructor.
Will I have full access to the library and its facilities?
ISUP students will be given access to the library facilities, as well as to all electronic journals that CBS subscribes to.
Do I need to buy literature and text books for all my courses?
CBS library tries to have a copy of the required literature for each course, but we cannot guarantee that it will always be available to you, since you will be sharing this resource with many other students. Therefore, we advise students to buy the required text(s) and use the CBS Library for supplementary reading. Please note sharing of textbooks during an exam is strictly prohibited.
Where can I buy the literature for my courses?
Information about author, title, publisher and ISBN number is available in the course catalogue in order for you to buy the required literature online. For further information regarding literature for each course, please contact the instructor in question.
CBS Canvas (e-learning platform)
What is CBS Canvas?
- Students find course information, preliminary assignments, additional material etc.
- Students post messages and communicate with their instructor and fellow students
How do I get access?
After you have been admitted to the programme, the ISUP Secretariat will send your CBS username and password, which is needed for logging in. You should receive this by mid/end-May at the latest. Then you can access CBS Canvas
Link to CBS Canvas can also be found at my.cbs.dk
ECTS credits and class attendance
Each ISUP course is worth 7.5 ECTS credits, and two courses are equal to 15 ECTS, or half a semester's full course load at CBS.
The workload in ISUP is 206 student work hours per course, and this includes participating in classes, course reading, group work and exams/written projects. A large portion of the learning process in ISUP courses is outside of class, so students should be prepared to spend plenty of time reading before ISUP as well as during the programme.
At Danish universities class attendance is not mandatory. However, ISUP is a very intensive programme, and we expect that all students attend and actively participate in all classes.
Read more about the Academic experience and the Danish grading scale and how it is to be a student at CBS
Second retake 2021 (3rd and last exam attempt):
72 hour home assignment: 22 - 25 November 2021
All students must actively register for the 3rd exam attempt no later than 1 November 2021. You do that by sending an email to Exams.
Non-European Freemovers and Open University students must pay a fee of DKK 1,500 per course for the 3rd exam attempt. Deadline for paying is 8 November 2021 to the account you find at my.cbs.dk
Exam periods 2022
(All ISUP exams are individual)
27 June - 15 July 2022: Home assignment for short 3 weeks courses. The exam will start on the first teaching day and will run in parallel with the course.
27 June - 5 August 2022: Home assignment for ordinary 6 weeks courses. The exam will start on the first teaching day and will run in parallel with the course.
1 - 5 August 2022: 4 hours sit-in exams for ordinary 6 weeks courses - Exam schedule with exact dates to be found at the top of this page approx. January 2022.
All students must apply for a dispensation to withdraw from the ordinary exam. For further information, please contact Exams
19 - 23 September 2022: 1st retake of 4 hours sit-in exams.Retake exam schedule with exact dates TBA at the top of this page.
26 - 29 September 2022: 1st retake of home assignment (72 hours exam).
All students, inclusive CBS Elective Students and CBS Mandatory Students, can de-register from the retake no later than 3 weeks prior to the exam by writing an e-mail to Exams
Second retake (3rd and last exam attempt):
21 - 24 November 2022: 2nd retake for alle exams (72 hours exam).
All students must actively register for the 3rd exam attempt no later than TBA. You do that by sending an email to Exams.
Non-European Freemovers and Open University students must pay a fee of DKK TBA per course for the 3rd exam attempt. Deadline for paying is TBA to the account you find at my.cbs.dk
Exam registration 2021
Please find all information regarding exams at my.cbs.dk which you will get access to once you are enrolled in a course.
All students must actively register for the 3rd exam attempt no later than 1 November 2021. You do that by sending an email to Exams
Fee-paying students will only be registered for the 3rd exam attempt if they pay an extra fee of DKK 1,500 per course. Deadline for paying is 8 November 2021 to the account you find at my.cbs.dk
The following text must be the message field on your transfer: ISUP21 (student name) very important in order for CBS Accounts Department to identify your payment.
NB: Please remember to pay all bank transaction fees, including those of the receiving bank, when you make a bank transfer - please ensure to instruct your bank not to share the fees but to debit all fees on the debit account.
Please note that the fee cannot be refunded since exam assignments are ordered as soon as the fee is paid. You should therefore not pay the fee before you are absolutely sure that you need to attend the 3rd exam attempt. Please also note that there is a very short deadline between grades being announced from the retake exams to the deadline for paying the fee for attending the 3rd attempt.
Grading and Transcripts
Grades for all ISUP courses are based 100% on the final exam. You can see your grades on the Online Student Service no later than 4 weeks after your exam.
CBS International Office is going green and you will thus receive a digital transcript.
CBS students taking ISUP courses as elective courses or mandatory courses will not receive a transcript/certificate for ISUP. Your grades will appear on the Online Student Service as well as on your final degree transcript.
Exam guidelines, dispensation and complaints
All information about exam guidelines, allowed aids, dispensation rules and exam complaints can be found at my.cbs.dk
- Information on exam guidelines can be found under Exam preparation
- General information about allowed exams aids can be found under Exam aids
For the allowed exam aids for your specific course, check the course catalogue
- Information about dispensations for extended time and/or taking exams abroad (or other exam issues) can be found under Special conditions at exams
- Ordinary exam: Deadline for sending a dispensation application is 6 weeks before the exam. However, if you are a CBS student taking ISUP courses as elective, mandatory or fee-paying courses you can hand in the dispensation for extended exam time issued by your CBS study board 2 weeks before the exam.
- Retake exam: Deadline for sending a dispensation application is 4 weeks before the exam. However, if you are a CBS student taking ISUP courses as elective, mandatory or fee-paying courses you can hand in the dispensation for extended exam time issued by your CBS study board 2 weeks before the exam.
- If you are applying for an exemption that is caused by something unexpected, you can apply after the deadline
- Information about exam complaints can be found under Exam complaints and appeals
Looking for courses offered before 2021, please check the archive in the CBS course catalogue (select the academic year you attended ISUP and search by title or course code).
Guide to academic years:
- ISUP 2014 courses - select 2014/2015
- ISUP 2015 courses - select 2015/2016
- ISUP 2016 courses - select 2015/2016
- ISUP 2017 courses - select 2016/2017
- ISUP 2018 courses - select 2017/2018
- ISUP 2019 courses - select 2018/2019
- ISUP 2020 courses - select 2019/2020
Please write an email to email@example.com should you have further questions.