CBS Elective Students
This category is only for students who take ISUP courses as electives and as part of their full time studies at CBS. If you need ISUP courses for other purposes (supplementary courses etc.), please select the relevant category in the menu on your left and read more.
How to apply
- Make sure you are applying in the right student category
- Make sure you fulfil the prerequisites stated in the course catalogue
- Apply for courses through the Online Student Service:
- Go to the Online Student Service via my.cbs.dk
- Select only one or two courses
- You can only see courses which are approved by your study board when you apply
- The course allocation is based on a first-come, first-serve basis (ongoing registration, i.e. courses will be closed as they fill up and open again when students deregister)
- Even though the system may allow you to sign up for more than two courses, you may maximum choose two 6-week courses OR one 3-week course. These are actual course registrations and not priorities
- To make sure there are no time conflicts between your courses, please check the course timetable in the section Courses and exams
The ISUP course offer is subject to student interest and enrolment. Due to unforeseen circumstances there might be changes to the course offer which can happen up until the beginning of the programme. Changes will be communicated without delay.
You can find further information at my.cbs.dk
Further information on your application, ECTS, courses approved for you: email@example.com
First round: 31 January 2023 at 12:00 - 7 February 2023 at 23:59 CET
Second round: 7 March 2023 at 12:00 - 14 March 2023 at 23:59 CET
Third round: 23 May 2023 at 12:00 - 26 May 2023 at 23:59 CET
Please direct all questions regarding electives to Student Hub or firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure that you fulfil the prerequisites stated in the course catalogue, for the course(s) you wish to apply for, before you apply. Please note that it is your own responsibility to make sure that you fulfil the course prerequisites.
ISUP courses are regular university courses taught in English at undergraduate or graduate level. This means that the academic level is equal to the ordinary CBS elective courses.
However, you can only choose the courses that your study board has approved for your study. Only the approved courses are visible for you in the Online Student Service.
Level of English Proficiency
ISUP students are not required to submit any proof of English proficiency. Since all courses are taught in English and at a high academic level, it is highly recommended to have a strong command in both oral and written English, otherwise it might be difficult to follow the courses and pass the exams. The ISUP secretariat recommends all students to have an English proficiency corresponding to any of the tests and certificates listed below;
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): minimum result of 185
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): minimum of 185
- IELTS Academic Test: minimum result of 7.0
- TOEFL iBT: minimum result of 94
Positive lists for CBS bachelor students taking elective courses include only undergraduate courses in the Online Student Service, and positive lists for CBS master students taking elective courses include only graduate courses in the Online Student Service.
- Even though the system may allow you to sign up for more courses, you may maximum choose two (6-week) electives OR one (3-week) elective. These are actual course registrations and not priorities. Note that the course registration and assignment for students taking electives is done on a first come, first served basis (ongoing registration, i.e. courses will be closed as they fill up and reopen when students deregister).
- You can only see the electives approved by your study board when applying for ISUP electives.
- Read the course descriptions in the course catalogue very carefully to make sure that you fulfil the course prerequisites.
- To make sure there are no time conflicts between your courses, please check the course and exam timetables in the section Courses and exams.
- Students can maximum take two 6-week courses at ISUP (max 15 ECTS) since the workload per course amounts to 206 hours (the workload for two courses is more than a full time job). Short 3-week courses cannot be taken together with any other course - neither another 3-week course nor an ordinary 6-week course.
- Please note the type of exam for each course. A "home assignment" exam runs in parallel with the course and will start on the first day of teaching. All the exams of the type "home assignment" will take place simultaneously. That means your exam submissions must be handed in on the same day and time. If you do not wish to have two simultaneous home assignments, please choose other courses with another exam type. Neither the time nor the exam type will be changed.
CBS Elective Students can withdraw no later than 26 May 2023 at 23:59 (end of third application round) through the Online Student Service. After deadline your registration is binding and you must apply for an exemption to withdraw. There have to be unusual circumstances in order to receive an exemption. Further information at my.cbs.dk. Any questions regarding withdrawal from electives must be directed to Student Hub.