What is a double degree?
A double degree programme involves studying towards two university degrees in parallel, at two internationally acclaimed institutions, and completing them in the time that it would take to earn one degree. This means that:
- You spend the first academic year at your home institution, CBS, and the second academic year at the host institution
- You satisfy degree requirements of both institutions
- You receive two full degrees.
Why chose a double degree?
- The double degree programme is suited to a wide range of interests, but it is particularly relevant for those of you, who plan on a career in organisations which transcend domestic borders. The programme considerably broadens the options and professional horizons available to you as graduates.
- For students who want to challenge themselves academically.
- The double degree programme is an outstanding opportunity for students seeking not only academic knowledge, but also intercultural experience and competence.
Who is eligible to apply?
- The double degree programme is designed for highly skilled and motivated candidates and entry into the programme is competitive.
- To be eligible to apply for the double degree programme, candidates must be admitted to one of the graduate degree programmes at CBS, which offer the double degree option.
- Candidates apply for the double degree option in the first semester of their MSc programme.
- Candidates with a minimum final GPA (gennemsnit) at the bachelor level of 7.0 on the Danish scale or C on the ECTS scale.
- Candidates with an English Language TOEFL 600/250/100 or above (or equivalent e.g. IELTS score of 7 or above). Students, who have taken their Bachelor degree entirely in English in an English speaking country, are exempt from submitting this test, as are candidates with English as their mother tongue.
You apply for the double degree option in the first semester of your MSc programme by submitting the following written application in English including:
- A CBS Double Degree Application form. You will need your CBS login to access the portal. The portal to upload your application will close November 1, 12 noon. Give yourself good time to submit the application.
- A motivational essay
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- English language test results TOEFL* and IELTS tests have a shelf-life of 2 years. (If you have not already taken a test in connection with admission to the graduate programme, make sure to sign up for a TOEFL/IELTS test in good time.)
- A Bachelor’s degree transcript, including an official explanation of the grading scale (If your bachelor’s degree is from CBS, this explanation is not required). If your Bachelor GPA is not given in either the Danish or the ECTS scale, you must apply to have your Bachelor GPA converted to the Danish grading scale. You must apply to the International Office to have your GPA converted by October 1, 2013.
- Relevant references/recommendations.
* CBS students who wish to register for TOEFL tests, see more information here
If you are interested in applying for regular exchange, you must wait until you receive your answer regarding your Double Degree application. If you are accepted for the Double Degree, you may not apply for regular exchange. You may, however, make a simultaneous application to CEMS MIM if you are eligible and interested in this possibility.
1.The application must be submitted by November 1, 2013, 12 noon. See link above.
2.Based on the written application, candidates may be invited to attend an interview in week 47.
3.Students are selected based on an overall evaluation of the application.
4.Candidates will be informed of their admission into the programme by week 48.
5.Application to the host university will be undertaken during the following spring semester.
For further enquiries, please contact:
CBS CEMS & Double Degree Programme Manager
Copenhagen Business School
The International Office
Dalgas Have 15, 2V
Tel: +45 3815 3018 (reception)
Fax: +45 3815 3825