Department of Accounting
- CBS Sustainability
In my research I investigate the relationship between use and values. The purpose of the project is to understand how cultural, social and economic values are created in second hand markets, in order to facilitate a rethinking about value creation in the contemporary cultural economy. The project explores a growing market that is driven by aesthetics, concerns about sustainability as well as economic constraints, and challenges the tendency to exclude pre-used objects from conventional cultural industries. By contributing to a deepened understanding of the aspects of the industry not directly involved in production, the project creates new knowledge of alternative business practices valuable in the change towards greater sustainability in the markets for cultural products. The project is carried out by following used products through collecting, sorting and reselling in charitable and private organizations and applies ethnographic methods and organizational and cultural analysis.
I am also the managing editor of the Journal of Business Anthropology. www.cbs.dk/jba
- Concepts of value
- Cultural Industries
- Skov, Lise, Larsen, Frederik, Netter, Sarah 2011. Kommissionsgenbrug: imellem nyt og gammelt. Working Paper, Creative Encounters Research Programme.
- Csaba, Fabian F., Larsen, Frederik 2010. The Role of Fairs in the Development and Division of Fields, Paper presented at the conference ‘Creativity from a Global Perspective’ Fudan University, Shanghai.
- Larsen, Frederik 2009. Materialitetens Betydning –Om påklædning som en situeret kropslig praksis, Master Thesis, University of Copenhagen.
- Skov, Lise, Skjold, Else, Moeran, Brian, Larsen, Frederik, Csaba, Fabian F. 2009. The Fashion Show as an Art Form, Working Paper, Creative Encounters Research Programme.
- Larsen, Frederik 2008. ’Afkald og påklædning, den maskuline uniform, eller hvorfor herretøj har brug for sin historie’, in Personae -Tidskrift for klær, kropp og kultur, Oslo: Transit.
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [Phd] 2015, 258 s. (PhD series, Nr. 23.2015)
Paper presented at The American Anthropological Association Annual Meeting 2014, 2014
I: Journal of Business Anthropology, Nr. Spring, 2013
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [wp] 2011, 38 s.
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [wp] 2011, 25 s.
Paper presented at Creativity from a Global Perspective: An International Conference on the Creative Industries , 2010
Frederiksberg : Department of Intercultural Communication and Management, Copenhagen Business School 2009, 37 s.