Internship opportunity at UNOPS
Business Intelligence and Partnership Building Analyst (Intern), 2 positions
Background Infromation – GSPO
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, the Global Partner Services Office (GPSO) develops and manages a portfolio of projects and services delivered in various locations across the globe. GPSO supports partners such as the World Bank, the European Union, the Department of Peacekeeping operations, the United Nations Mine Action Service, the Global Fund, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation, amongst others. This global portfolio constitutes a substantial volume of UNOPS project delivery. UNOPS mission is to expand the capacity of the UN system and its partners to implement peace building, humanitarian and development operations that matter for people in need.
“UNOPS plays a critical role in providing management services for our life-saving, peace building, humanitarian and development operations. I have seen many examples of how these activities help suffering people in troubled parts of the world.”
Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary-General
Under the overall guidance of the Director of GPSO, the Business Intelligence and Partnership Building Analyst will be responsible for:
1. conducting research on donor and market trends;
2. developing business/market analysis reports (e.g. by donor, sector and country);
3. researching and developing partner profiles, as well as associated engagement strategies; and
4. monitoring of donor/government tenders to identify possible new business acquisition opportunities.
In performing her/his responsibilities, s/he will work closely with the Director of GPSO, other staff and interns in the Project and Partnership Development Team, as well as project/business development specialists, staff and interns in UNOPS offices throughout Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, North America, And South America.
The applicant will be responsible for providing support to the Director of GPSO on the following activities:
• Research and draft business/market analyses concerning possible business acquisition opportunities;
• Prepare business/market analysis reports for both major donors as well as countries in the region;
• Research, draft, update and maintain partner profiles according to changing/shifting donor priorities, areas of focus, and country strategies
• Research and draft partner engagement strategies;
• Contribute to, review and comment on, internal reports on market entry and partnership development strategies;
• Aid in the development of bidder/partner/competitor analyses reports for engagements
• Monitoring of business development/donor websites to aid in the identification of potential business acquisition opportunities;
• Updating of GPSO Profiles
• Design, maintenance and periodic updating of GPSO intranet information; and
• Perform other related duties as required.
Follow the link below for more information about the internships