New Graduate Diploma (HD) in Innovation Management
- In recent years CBS has sharpened its focus on innovation, both regarding research and education, says CBS’ Vice Dean of Management Programmes, Christian Tangkjær, who continues:
- We see a general demand from students to develop their skills in innovation, so we’re pleased to offer this new HD programme.
Developed in dialogue with industry
CBS already offers eight different HD Part II specialisations, but the new continuing education course is designed to attract new target groups, according to Tangkjær. He points out that one of HD’s strengths is the way it combines theory and practice, providing students with learning that can be directly applied in a professional context, whether it is a large, well-established company, a public organisation or a newly founded company.
- Our new continuing education programme targets individuals who work in the private or public sectors looking to enhance their skills to create new solutions and business areas as well as to generally improve innovation in around their own organisations, he stated, emphasising that:
- HD’s Advisory Council discussed the new programme’s focus, content and target group with the recipients of CBS graduates and research, in addition to asking HD students about the appeal of an HD Part II specialising in innovation management.
Programme in English
The primary professional driving force behind the new Graduate Diploma (HD) in Innovation Management is Associate Professor Marion Poetz, Department of Innovation and Organizational Economics at CBS.
- I’m looking forward to the new HD Part II, which targets workers interested in learning about creating and implementing innovation on various levels. The programme looks at using an interdisciplinary approach to innovation management by including relevant aspects of strategy, management, marketing, organisation, funding and networking. It was designed in close cooperation with industry experts from various sectors to ensure that the focus and course content are relevant for our target group, explains Poetz.
- The programme is offered in English, partly to take advantage of the excellent English-speaking instructors at CBS, but also to accommodate the demand for high-level continuing education in English, says Poetz, continuing:
- Last year we offered a new HD Part 1 elective for the first time in innovation that was also in English. Students welcomed the course and we expect the new HD Part 2 programme to receive numerous applicants.
CBS will begin offering the new HD Part 2 in Innovation Management as of September 2016. The registration deadline is 1 July 2016. Description of HD Part 2 admission requirements (in Danish)
For more information please contact CBS Vice Dean Christian Tangkjær on: +45 2460 6050, email@example.com or Associate Professor Marion Poetz on: +45 3815 2914, firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the programme