Double Degree with Bocconi
Option for the Management of Creative Business Processes (CBP) concentration
Why settle for one degree, when you can have two Master’s degrees from two of Europe’s leading universities?
If you have chosen or are planning to choose the Master of Social Science with a concentration in Management of Creative Business Processes, your options are now doubled! CBS and Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi in Milan, Italy, have a double degree agreement exclusively for the CBP concentration. In the 2016 application round, three slots are available.
Eligibility and application
Here you can read more about eligibility requirements and application procedures.
Pursuing a double degree means that not only will you obtain a Master of Social Science from CBS, you will also obtain an Italian Master of Science with a concentration in Economics and Management in Arts, Culture, Media and Entertainment (ACME-LS) – without prolonging your studies.
|Double Degree Setup|
|1st Year at CBS||2nd Year at Bocconi|
|1st and 2nd semesters||3rd and 4th semesters|
Complete the mandatory courses of the CBP programme
Graduation Contribution and Special Limitation
Please note that Bocconi requires a graduation contribution of €365 from all graduating students. This amount may be subject to change.
Please note that Bocconi University has informed CBS that they will not accept students nominated by CBS for this program if they hold an Italian bachelor's degree. Further, students who have previously applied to Bocconi are not eligible to apply to the CBS/Bocconi double degree.
"I had an amazing experience during my Double Degree program in Milan. The city is very cosmopolitan and dynamic and gave me a nice view of the Italian lifestyle. Bocconi was always hosting interesting events and lectures. […] I definitely recommend the program for people that want to try something new […]. Some of the classes were more theoretical then practical. But there were also very practical classes that were composed of a small amount of people which resulted in a more personal and interactive experience. We did in-class group works in a limited time frame which challenged us to think on the spot. Many of the professors have wide expertise on their subjects and are very passionate in teaching it."
CBS/Bocconi (CBP) student 2012/2013
- Internship – Start looking for an internship as soon as possible – be proactive! Note that it is an option to do the internship in the summer before going to Bocconi. The internship can be completed anywhere in the world. Note that the internship must be approved by Bocconi.
- Italian Language – Start learning Italian as soon as possible, it will improve your chances of finding an internship in Italy significantly, but will also help you adapt to the Italian mindset and maximise the benefits of your stay.
- Accommodation – Finding accommodation in Milan can both be difficult and expensive. Make sure you start looking in advance – June/July is not too soon – it will be worth it.
- Scholarships – You are encouraged to apply for extra financial support to study abroad. In addition to the ERASMUS scholarship, it is possible to apply for a variety of private sources that give support to study abroad.
- Courses – Do not spend a great deal of time looking for courses in the spring before you leave – chances are that they may not be the same the next semester or you will want to change your mind once you get there. So take it easy and prepare yourself for a new and different academic experience!
For a century, Bocconi has played a leading role in Italy's social and economic modernization, by remaining true to its founding values of being a major research university, democratic and open to the world, as well as financially and politically independent.
At the outset of the 21st century, Bocconi contributes to the advancement of European higher education, by teaching business and economic knowledge to prospective managers and researchers from all over the world.
Located in the heart of Milan and open to the world, Bocconi is a university of international standing in business, economics, and law. The university has been ranked among the top 20 best business schools in the world by The Wall Street Journal International Rankings, especially thanks to its School of Management.
Furthermore, Bocconi University belongs to two major international networks: Partnership in International Management (PIM) and CEMS. For many years, Bocconi and CBS have worked closely together in the CEMS and PIM networks. Recently this close cooperation has been strengthened though the development of three double degrees.
Master of Science in Economics and Management in Arts, Culture, Media and Entertainment (ACME-LS)
The Master of Science in Economics and Management of Arts, Culture, Media and Entertainment is an intensive two-year graduate program entirely taught in English.
The program is aimed at training graduates with a strong interest in cultural productions and institutions, and who, generally speaking, have a definite vocation for the so-called "creative industries", such as cultural heritage, media, entertainment, fashion and design; industries whose value chain is deeply influenced by the interaction between economics, management, arts, and intellectual and creative endeavours.
The programme explores the economic, legal, managerial issues embedded in those industries, in order to offer a training experience aimed at developing core competencies for coordinating relevant projects at the national and international levels.
NB: Bocconi University has informed CBS that they will not accept students nominated by CBS for this program if they hold an Italian bachelor's degree. Students who have previously applied to Bocconi are not eligible to apply to the CBS/Bocconi double degree.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Double Degree Administration
Copenhagen Business School
The International Office
Tel: +45 3815 3006