Do you have a bachelor from outside CBS?
Photo: Bjarke MacCarthy
You must apply online via the Application Portal for admission to CBS’ master programmes. Click on How to Apply to read more about the application process and find the link to the Application Portal on cbs.dk.
How to apply
Do you meet the requirements?
Unfortunately, we are not able to make a preliminary assessment of whether you meet the requirements for the programme(s) you are applying for. Instead, you can make a self-assessment as to whether you meet the requirements.
Please note that even if you meet the requirements, you are not guaranteed a place.
Read about self-assessment and how to qualify here
If you do not meet the requirements, you can find information on what to do next on the same page.
Will you need to write a motivational essay?
A number of CBS’ programmes require a motivational essay as a basis for selection.
If you apply for one of the programmes below, you must write a motivational essay:
- MSc in Business Administration and Organisational Communication
- MSocSc in Global Human Resource Management
- MSocSc in Political Communication and Management
- MA in International Business Communication – both concentrations
- MSc in Business Administration and Information Systems – both concentrations
- MSc in Business, Language and Culture – both concentrations
- MSc in Business Administration and Innovation in Health Care
- MSc in Advanced Economics and Finance
- MSc in Business Administration and E-business
- MSc in Social Sciences in Public Management and Social Development
- MSc in International Business and Politics
- MSc in Social Sciences in Management of Creative Business Processes
- MSc in Social Sciences in Organisational Innovation and Entrepreneurship – both concentrations
- MSc in Social Sciences in Service Management
- MSc in Business Administration and Bioentrepreneurship
- MSc in Business Economics and Auditing
If the programme is not on the list above, you do not need to write a motivational essay. If you choose to submit one anyway, it will not be read and will not serve as a basis of your full assessment.
Specific selection criteria
If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of places, we choose between the applicants on the basis of an overall assessment. The applicants’ bachelor degree will be included in the overall assessment. We add special emphasis to courses and grades that are relevant to the master programme you are applying for. Read more about what is considered important on the individual programme by clicking on the programme (under Selection Criteria).
Click here, find the programme and read about the criteria
Do I need to pay a tuition fee?
The following applicants do not have to pay tuition or application fees:
- EU citizens
- Citizens from Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- If you have a Danish residence permit, you might be exempt from paying a tuition fee.
Read more under "Non-EU/EEA citizens"
Contact Admissions Office
Please contact the Admissions Office by sending an email to email@example.com. Make sure to write “My Application” in the subject field. In the email, write your full name and application ID from the Application Portal if you have submitted your application.
We will get back to you as soon as we can. After the application deadline, you may experience longer response time. This does not mean that the application process has stopped, we are simply busy processing the many applications we have received.