Do you have a bachelor from CBS?
Photo: Bjarke MacCarthy
If you apply for the natural progression of your bachelor degree, you are guaranteed a place in the year you earn your bachelor degree. If you do not apply for the natural progression of your bachelor degree, you are not guaranteed a place on a master programme. We recommend that you make a plan B (and C), in case you are not accepted.
- applying for more than one programme, possibly at another university.
- applying for your natural progression as a lower priority. In this way you are guaranteed a place on one of your priorities. Obviously, you should only do this if you are interested in studying your natural progression.
- what to do if you are not accepted at all - perhaps find a job, go abroad, etc.
Please note: If you are offered a place on one programme or concentration, you cannot get a place on another programme or concentration in exchange for the one you are offered.
Apply, apply, apply!
You must apply online via the Application Portal for admission to CBS’ master programmes. Click on How to Apply to read more about the application process and find the link to the Application Portal on cbs.dk.
How to Apply
Do you meet the requirements?
You can find the advance assessments of a large number of bachelor programmes on cbs.dk and check if your bachelor degree meet the entry requirements for a specific master programme and if you need anything to submit a full application.
You can find the advance assessments by clicking on the link below:
- Click on the relevant master programme
- Scroll down to Advance Assessments at the bottom of the page
- Click on Bachelor degrees from CBS
- Find your bachelor programme on the list
What are the requirements
If you do not meet the requirements, you can find information on what to to next on the same page.
Please note: even if you meet the requirements, you are not guaranteed a place.
Will you need to write a motivational essay?
A number of CBS’ programmes require a motivational essay as a basis for selecting qualified applicants.
If you apply for one of the programmes below, you must write a motivational essay:
- MSc in Business Administration and Organisational Communication*
- MSocSc in Global Human Resource Management
- MSocSc in Political Communication and Management
- MA in International Business Communication – both concentrations
- MSc in Business Administration and Information Systems – both concentrations
- MSc in Business, Language and Culture – both concentrations
- MSc in Business Administration and Innovation in Health Care
- MSc in Advanced Economics and Finance
- MSc in Business Administration and E-business
- MSc in Social Sciences in Public Management and Social Development
- MSc in International Business and Politics*
- MSc in Social Sciences in Management of Creative Business Processes
- MSc in Social Sciences in Organisational Innovation and Entrepreneurship – both concentrations
- MSc in Social Sciences in Service Management
- MSc in Business Administration and Bioentrepreneurship
- MSc in Business Economics and Auditing
*) If you have legal right of admission to the MSc in Business Administration and Organisational Communication or the MSc in International Business and Politics, you do not need to write a motivational essay. Just upload a blank document to the Application Portal.
If the programme is not on the list above, you do not need to write a motivational essay. If you choose to submit one anyway, it will not be read and will not serve as a basis of your full assessment.
Specific selection criteria
If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of places, we choose between the applicants on the basis of an overall assessment. The applicants’ bachelor degree will be included in the overall assessment. We add special emphasis to courses and grades that are relevant to the master programme you are applying for.
Read more about what is considered important on the individual programme by clicking on the programme (under Selection Criteria).
Click here, find the programme and read about the criteria
Contact Admissions Office
Please contact Admissions Office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to write “My Application” in the subject field. In the email, write your full name and application ID from the Application Portal if you have submitted your application.
We will get back to you as soon as we can. After the application deadline, you may experience longer response time. This does not mean that the application process has stopped, we are simply busy processing the many applications we have received.