Do you have a bachelor degree from CBS?
Photo: Bjarke MacCarthy
If you apply for the natural progression of your bachelor degree within three years after you earn your bachelor degree, you are guaranteed a place because of your legal claim to admission.
If you do not apply for the natural progression of your bachelor degree, you are not guaranteed a place on a master programme. We recommend that you make a plan B (and C), in case you are not accepted.
- applying for more than one programme and possibly at other universities.
- applying for your natural progression as a lower priority. In this way you are guaranteed a place on one of your priorities. Clearly, you should only do this if you are interested in studying your natural progression.
- what to do if you are not accepted at all - perhaps find a job, go abroad, etc.
Please note: If you are offered a place on one programme or concentration, you cannot get a place on another programme or concentration in exchange for the one you are offered.
Apply, apply, apply!
You must apply online via the Application Portal for admission to CBS’ master programmes. You must submit your application no later than 1 March 2021 at 23:59.
You can read more about the application process and find the link to the Application Portal here on cbs.dk
Click here, and read about how to apply
Do you meet the requirements?
You can find the advance assessments of a large number of bachelor programmes on cbs.dk and check if your bachelor degree meet the entry requirements for a specific master programme and what you need to submit a full application.
You can find the advance assessments by clicking on the link below:
- Click on the relevant master programme
- Scroll down to Advance Assessments
- Click on CBS Bachelor Degrees
- Find your bachelor programme on the list
- In the column Fulfilment of specific entry requirements, you can find information about what you need to submit a full application.
Click here to read about entry requirements and find advance assessments
If you do not meet the requirements, click here to read more about how to qualify
Please note: even if you meet the requirements, you are not guaranteed a place.
You must fulfill the language requirements 1 March!
In 2021, you need to to include documentation that you fulfil the language requirement when you send your application for a graduate programme.
You can read more about the language requirement and what you need to do on New requirement for language in 2021
If you are studying on a bachelor programme at CBS, you can find more information about what it means for your specific programme on my.cbs.dk on Master's programme? Apply now!
Do you need to write a motivational essay?
A number of CBS’ programmes require a motivational essay as a basis for selecting qualified applicants.
If you apply for one of the programmes below, you must write a motivational essay. If the programme is not on the list, you do not need to write a motivational essay. If you choose to submit one anyway, it will not be read and will not serve as a basis of your full assessment.:
- MSc in Business Administration and Organisational Communication*
- MSocSc in Human Resource Management
- MSocSc in Political Communication and Management
- MA in International Business Communication*
- MSc in Business Administration and Data Science
- MSc in Business Administration and Information Systems*
- MSc in Business, Language and Culture – both concentrations
- MSc in Business Administration and Innovation in Health Care
- MSc in Advanced Economics and Finance
- MSc in Business Administration and E-business*
- MSc in Social Sciences in Public Management and Social Development
- MSc in International Business and Politics*
- MSc in Social Sciences in Management of Creative Business Processes
- MSc in Social Sciences in Organisational Innovation and Entrepreneurship – both concentrations
- MSc in Business Administration and Bioentrepreneurship
- MSc in Business Economics and Auditing
- Master in Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality Management
*) If you have legal right of admission to MSc in Business Administration and Organisational Communication, MSc in International Business and Politics, MA in International Business Communication, MSc in Business Administration and Information Systems or MSc in Business Administration and E-business , you do not need to write a motivational essay. Just upload a blank document to the Application Portal.
Specific selection criteria
If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of places, we select the applicants on the basis of an overall assessment. The applicants’ bachelor degree will be included in the overall assessment where we add special emphasis to courses and grades that are relevant to the master programme you are applying for.
Read more about what is considered important on the individual programme by clicking on the programme and choosing Selection Criteria.
Click here, find the programme and read about the criteria
Please note: We can only comment on your specific application or make decisions if you write an email to CBS Admissions
Send an email to CBS Admissions
- Send your email to email@example.com.
- Write ‘My Application’ in the subject field
- Please include your full name and application ID from the Application Portal in the email if you have submitted your application.
We will get back to you as soon as possible. After the application deadline, you may experience longer response time. This does not mean that the application process has stopped, we are simply busy processing the many applications we have received.
Call the Student Hub and the Student Guidance Service
You can call a Student Hub employee or a student guidance counsellor:
- Tel.: +45 3815 2764
- Friday 26 February, 10:00-14:00
- Monday 1 March, 09:30-15:30