Do you have a bachelor degree from CBS?
Photo: Bjarke MacCarthy
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GRADUATE ADMISSION
If you are applying for a master’s programme at CBS, you will find all you need to know about entry requirements, application deadlines, legal claim and much more in the following sections.
Your natural progression and legal claim
All bachelor programmes at CBS have a natural progression, i. e. a graduate programme which is an academic continuation of your bachelor programme.
When you have a bachelor's degree from CBS, you also have a right to admission to your natural progression within three years. This is what we mean by having a legal claim of admission to a programme.
Are you applying for another master’s programme?
If you apply for another master’s programme than your natural progression, you are not guaranteed a study place on a master’s programme.
We recommend that you make a plan B (and C) in case you are not accepted.
- applying for more than one programme and possibly at other universities
- applying for your natural progression as a lower priority. In this way you are guaranteed a place on one of your priorities. Clearly, you should only do this if you are interested in studying your natural progression
- what to do if you are not accepted at all - perhaps find a job, go abroad, etc.
Please note: If you are offered a place on one programme or concentration, you cannot get a place on another programme or concentration in exchange for the one you are offered.
Apply, apply, apply!
You must apply online via the Application Portal for admission to CBS’ master’s programmes. The Application Portal is now open, and you must submit your application no later than 1 March 2022 at 23:59. It is a good idea to start your application well in advance as you may experience some queueing.
You can read more about the application process and find the link to the Application Portal here on cbs.dk
Do you meet the requirements?
You can find the advance assessments of a large number of bachelor programmes on cbs.dk. Check if your bachelor’s degree meets the entry requirements for a specific master’s programme and see what you need in order to submit a full application.
You can find the advance assessments by clicking on the link below and then:
- Click on the relevant master’s programme
- Scroll down to Advance Assessments
- Click on CBS Bachelor Degrees
- Find your bachelor programme in the list
- In the column “Specific entry requirements to be fulfilled”, you can find information about what you need in order to submit a full application
- In the column “Language requirement to be fulfilled”, you can check if you fulfil the language requirement
If you do not meet the requirements, you can read more about how to qualify here on cbs.dk
Please note: even if you meet the requirements, you are not guaranteed a study place.
You must fulfil the language requirements by 1 March!
All master's programmes at CBS have language requirements. You need to include documentation that you fulfil the language requirements when you send your application for a master’s programme. If you apply for your natural progression with a legal claim, you already fulfil the language requirement through your bachelor degree.
If you are not studying a bachelor programme at CBS, you can read more about language requirements in the article Do you know the language requirements for your graduate programme?
Do you need to write a personal statement?
A number of CBS’ programmes require a personal statement as a basis for selecting qualified applicants. The personal statement is an important element of your application. It is your opportunity to draw our attention to your academic accomplishments and professional experiences and to stand out from the other applicants.
If you apply for one of the programmes below, you must write a personal statement. If the programme is not on the list, you do not need to write a personal statement. If you choose to submit one anyway, it will not be read and will not serve as a basis of your full assessment.
- MSc in Business Administration and Organisational Communication - cand.merc.(kom)*
- MSc in Social Science in Human Resource Management - cand.soc.
- MSc in Business Administration and Data Science
- MSc in Business Administration and Information Systems*
- MSc in Business, Language and Culture – both concentrations*
- MSc in Business Administration and Innovation in Health Care
- MSc in Advanced Economics and Finance
- MSc in Business Administration and Digital Business (previously E-business)*
- MSc in Social Sciences in Public Management and Social Development
- MSc in International Business and Politics*
- MSc in Social Sciences in Organisational Innovation and Entrepreneurship – both concentrations
- MSc in Business Administration and Bioentrepreneurship
- MSc in Business Economics and Auditing - cand.merc.(aud.), Revisorkandidat
- Master in Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality Management
*) If you have legal claim to admission to MSc in Business Administration and Organisational Communication, MSc in International Business and Politics, MSc in Business, Language and Culture, MSc in Business Administration and Information Systems, or MSc in Business Administration and Digital Business, you do not need to write a personal statement. Just upload a blank document to the Application Portal.
Assessment of your application
If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of places, we select the applicants on the basis of an overall assessment. The applicants’ bachelor’s degree will be included in the overall assessment where we add special emphasis to courses and grades that are relevant to the master’s programme you are applying for.
Read more about what is considered important on the individual programme by clicking on the programme and choosing Selection Criteria.
ARE YOU APPLYING FOR CAND.MERC./MSC EBA?
If you are considering applying for a cand.merc./MSc EBA concentration, please note the following:
New cand.merc./MSc EBA programme in General Management and Analytics
In 2023, CBS is offering a new cand.merc./MSc EBA programme in General Management and Analytics. The programmes below have a legal claim of admission to the new programme:
- BSc in International Business
- BSc in International Shipping and Trade
- BSc in Business Administration and Service Management
- HA almen erhvervsøkonomi
- HA i europæisk Business
- HA i projektledelse
- and from 2025 HA(fil.) - Erhvervsøkonomi og filosofi
Final intake for cand.merc./MSc EBA concentrations
CBS is constantly developing our programmes to ensure that they are of high quality and up to date and that they match the needs of the labour market and society. As part of the assessment and development of the entire programme portfolio, CBS has made a reform of our cand.merc. programmes, which we expect will apply from 2024.
This means that 2023 will be the last year that we offer all 14 cand.merc./MSc EBA concentrations. As of 2024, the majority of the concentrations will continue as individual programmes, but some concentrations will close. Consequently, the following cand.merc./MSc EBA concentrations will have a final intake in 2023:
- Brand and Communications Management
- International Business
- International Marketing and Management
If you are currently studying at CBS, you can read more about the cand.merc./MSc EBA reform in the news on my.cbs.dk (CBS login required).
Drop by CBS' Application Lounge on Solbjerg Plads
Are you applying for a graduate programme in 2023? Then you are welcome to drop by our Application Lounge and send in your application. We are ready to help you with your questions. The Application Lounge is open:
- Monday 20 February 10.00 - 15.00 CET and
- Monday 27 February 10.00 - 15.00 CET
If you have questions about admission to CBS’ master’s programmes, you can contact CBS Admissions or a student guidance counsellor.
Please note: We can only comment on your specific application or make decisions if you write an email to CBS Admissions
Send an email to CBS Admissions
- Send your email to email@example.com.
- Write "My Application" in the subject
- Please include your full name and application ID from the Application Portal in the email if you have submitted your application.
We will get back to you as soon as possible. After the application deadline, you may experience longer response time. This does not mean that the application process has stopped; we are simply busy processing the many applications we have received.
Call a student guidance counsellor
You can call a student guidance counsellor during our extended opening hours:
- Tel.: +45 3815 2764
- Monday 27 February, 10:00-15:00
- Tuesday 28 February, 10:00-15:00
- Wednesday 1 March, 10:00-15:00
You are also welcome to contact us during our normal opening hours. Find our opening hours and contact information