Do you have a bachelor degree from CBS?
Photo: Jakob Boserup
If you apply for your natural progression before the deadline 1 March you are guaranteed a study place the year you complete your bachelor. If you do not apply for your natural progression, you cannot be certain that you will be offered a study place for a master programme. For this reason, we recommend that you have a plan B (and C) for what you will do if you are not accepted. You can consider the following:
• Apply for your natural progression as a lower priority. This will ensure that you are accepted into one of your priorities and that you will be offered a study place. Of course, only do this if you are, in fact, interested in studying your natural progression programme.
• Apply for more than one programme, possibly in other universities.
• What will you do if you are not accepted into a master programme at all – for example: find a job, go abroad, etc.
Note: If you are offered a study place at one programme or concentration, you cannot switch to another programme or concentration.
Apply, apply, apply!
You apply for admission to CBS’ master programmes online via a system called “The Application Portal”. Below you will find relevant links that will help you with the application process.
Information and link to ”The Application Portal”
Documentation for your application
Can I apply for more than one programme, and how do I prioritize my applications?
Am I qualified?
You can find standard assessments for a long list of bachelor degrees on cbs.dk. In a standard assessment, you can see if your bachelor degree fulfils the entry requirements for a specific master programme, and if not, what you are lacking.
You can find the standard assessments under the admission page for the master programme you are interested in. On the admission page, scroll down to the bottom to the headline “Standard assessments” and look for your own bachelor degree on the list.
Find the admission pages for the different master programmes/concentrations here.
Remember, even if you fulfil the entry requirements, you are not guaranteed a study place. If you do not fulfil the entry requirements, you can read more about what you can do to become qualified on the admission pages linked to above.
Do I need to write a motivational essay?
For some of CBS’ master programmes, a motivational essay is used during the selection process.
You need to write a motivational essay if you apply for one of the programmes listed below:
- Cand soc. Human Ressource Management
- Cand.soc. Politisk Kommunikation og Ledelse
- MA in International Business Communication – both concentrations
- MSc in Business Administration and Information Systems – both concentrations
- MSc in Business, Language and Culture – both concentrations
- MSc in Business Administration and Innovation in Health Care
- MSc in Advanced Economics and Finance
- MSc in Business Administration and E-business
- MSc in Social Sciences in Public Management and Social Development
- MSc in International Business and Politics*
- MSc in Social Sciences in Management of Creative Business Processes
- MSc in Social Sciences in Organisational Innovation and Entrepreneurship – both concentrations
- MSc in Social Sciences in Service Management
- MSc in Business Administration and Bioentrepreneurship
*) If you have a legal claim to Cand.merc.(kom.) or MSc in International Business and Politics, you do not need to write a motivational essay. You should simply upload a blank document in “The Application Portal” where it asks for the essay.
If a programme is not listed above, you can save yourself the trouble of writing a motivational essay, as it will not be read and is not used in the assessment of your application.
Find specific selection criteria on each programmes’ admission page
Contact Admissions Office
The quickest and easiest way to contact the Admission Office is to write us an email. It is not possible to call us. Visit our contact page and choose the category that describes you best. We answer your emails as quickly as we can. If you receive an answer from us after the deadline, it will not delay your application.
Admissions Office contact page