Credit Transfer Students

This category is only for students with EU/EEA/Swiss citizenship, and who have a course pre-approval from a Danish institution other than CBS. Please read through the requirements for admission below before you apply.

Application process

This category is only for students with an EU/EEA/Swiss citizenship, or a permanent residence permit for Denmark who take summer courses as a part of their full-time studies at a Danish institution other than CBS, and who can present a letter of pre-approval of credit transfer from their home institution stating that the courses will be credit transferred to their current studies. Please note, that the pre-approval has to be an official document stating the concrete pre-approved summer course(s) that will be transferred and with the name of the authority signing. The pre-approval need to be uploaded in the application system by the application deadline.

*Students without EU/EEA/Swiss citizenship who do not have one of the residence permits listed below, but are enrolled in a full-time programme at another Danish institution, can also apply in this category if they document that they have obtained a pre-approval for credit transfer of the course(s) to their programme and that they have paid the full tuition fee for the semester that the courses are going to be a part of.

If you need summer courses for other purposes (supplementary courses, etc.), please select the relevant category in the menu on your left and read more.

How to apply

  • Make sure you are applying in the right category
  • Make sure you fulfil the prerequisites stated in the course catalogue
  • Complete the online application flow MoveON. Please read the information section carefully.
    • Enter personal data
    • Select student category
    • Select courses. We strongly encourage to choose alternative course(s) to each of your priority course(s) to increase your chances to get enrolled at CBS Summer University. However, choosing alternative courses is not mandatory, so do not select any if you do not want to take them.
    • Upload documents:
      • Copy of current grade transcript. Print out from the university system is acceptable but it must include the name of the student and the university as well as the grades.
      • Pre-approval of credit transfer (in Danish or English) from your Danish home institution with the name of the authority signing. Pre-approval of credit trandfer must include concrete pre-approved summer course(s). Pre-approval must not be dated earlier than December 2023. NOTE: An application for pre-approval is not sufficient - you have to send documentation that your selected courses are pre-approved.
      • Copy of valid passport (photo page and residence permit stickers, if applicable). Please note that driver’s license is not accepted.
      • *Non-Eu students enrolled at another Danish institution need to upload a copy of documentation of paid tuition fee from the Danish institution.
    • Submit your application. Please make sure to read the information under Submit application.


To enrol students in courses at CBS Summer University we need valid documentation (including your pre-approval of credit transfer) by the application deadline; otherwise, your application will be rejected.

If you cannot submit valid documentation by the application deadline, you may send an email to and we will change your status to the category "Open University Students (fee-paying)". This need to be done by the application deadline and cannot be changed afterwards. In addition to this please note that any course fees will not be refunded, even if you submit a pre-approval of credit transfer at a later date. If you cannot present your pre-approval of credit transfer by the application deadline and do not change your category by sending us an email, your application will be rejected.

The CBS Summer University course offer is subject to student interest and enrolment. Due to unforeseen circumstances there might be changes to the course offer which can happen up until the beginning of the programme. Changes will be communicated without delay.

Residence permit
Only students without the following residence permits in Denmark (or another Nordic country: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Greenland, the Faroe Islands) need to apply as Non-European Freemovers:
  • "Permanent opholdstilladelse" - permanent residence permit in Denmark
  • "Opholdstilladelse med mulighed for varigt ophold" - residence permit with a view to permanent residence in Denmark
  • "Opholdstilladelse jævnfør EF/EØS-bekendtgørelsen" - residence permit in Denmark according to the EU/EEA regulations
  • "Opholdstilladelse som medfølgende barn" - residence in Denmark as an accompaning child (the documentation must state that you are "medfølgende barn" - the text "medfølgende familie" is not sufficient)
  • ONLY FOR APPLICANTS WITH REFUGEE RESIDENCE PERMIT: "Tidsbegrænset mhp. midlertidigt ophold" - temporary residence permit in Denmark with a view to a temporary stay. You need to submit a copy of your residence permit together with a copy of the letter you received from the Danish Immigration Service


Application round

6 February 2024 at 12:00 - 14 March 2024 at 23:59 CET

Summer courses with few applicants will be cancelled before 5 March 2024. Cancelled courses will be announced on Courses and exams under “Bachelor level courses 2024” and “Graduate level courses 2024”.

Please note that course registration and assignment in the MoveOn application portal is not on a first come, first served basis. However, if you want to make sure that your selected courses are not cancelled due to the low number of applicants, please apply early in the application round.


Course prerequisites

Make sure that you fulfil the prerequisites stated in the course catalogue, for the course(s) you wish to apply for, before you apply. Please note that it is your own responsibility to make sure that you fulfil the course prerequisites.

Academic recommendations

Academic level

Courses at CBS Summer University are regular university courses taught in English at either undergraduate or graduate level and therefore, it is strongly recommended that only students with good academic standing apply. It is the students' own responsibility to make sure that they are able to follow the courses and pass the exams.

Level of English Proficiency

Students are not required to submit any proof of English proficiency. Since all courses are taught in English and at a high academic level, it is highly recommended to have a strong command in both oral and written English, otherwise it might be difficult to follow the courses and pass the exams. We recommend all students to have an English proficiency corresponding to any of the tests and certificates listed below;

  • Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): minimum result of 185
  • Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): minimum of 185
  • IELTS Academic Test: minimum result of 7.0
  • TOEFL iBT: minimum result of 94


Please note that you may only take the courses stated on your course pre-approval from your home university.

Course selection

Selecting courses

  • You may only take courses stated on your course pre-approval.
  • Read the course descriptions in the course catalogue very carefully to make sure that you fulfil the course prerequisites.
  • To make sure there are no time conflicts between your courses, please check the course and exam timetables in the section Courses and exams.
  • Students can maximum take two 6-week courses (max 15 ECTS) since the workload per course amounts to 206 hours (the workload for two courses is more than a full time job). 2-week and 3-week courses cannot be taken together with any other course - you can only follow one of these courses.
  • Please note the type of exam for each course. A "home assignment" exam runs in parallel with the course and will start on the first day of teaching. All the exams of the type "home assignment" will take place simultaneously. That means your exam submissions must be handed in on the same day and time. If you do not wish to have two simultaneous home assignments/mini projects, please choose other courses with another exam type. Neither the time nor the exam type will be changed.
  • After the application round is over, there will be very limited possibilities to change courses. We will overbook all courses in relation to the number of places in each course. So even if someone else withdraws, this will not necessarily leave a place to be filled. Please note that the course must be stated on your pre-approval.

Course withdrawal

Credit Transfer Students can withdraw by writing to no later than TBA

Fees and costs

There is no tuition fee for Credit Transfer Students as long as the student can present a course pre-approval from their home university within the application deadline.

Please note that if you are not able to present a course pre-approval within the application deadline, you have the possibility to change to the student category Open University Students (fee-paying) in the online application system by writing to Check under Open University Students for more information about requirements and fees.

For a budget example over costs during the summer programme, please check under budget/expected expenses in the fees and costs section of Application and fees.


The page was last edited by: ISUP Secretariat // 09/07/2023