CBS Mandatory Students
This category is only for students who take summer courses as a part of their full time studies at CBS, and they are counted as mandatory courses.
How to apply
- Use your private email when accessing MoveOn to register as a user. Do not use your CBS email in this first stage of the application process.
- Make sure you are applying in the right category
- Make sure you fulfil the prerequisites stated in the course catalogue
- Complete the online application flow - MoveON. Please read the information section carefully.
- Enter personal data
- Select student category
- Select the course(s) stated on the pre-approval from CBS
- Upload documents:
- Copy of current grade transcript (in Danish or English)
- Pre-approval of credit transfer from CBS, confirming that the summer course(s) you want to take will be credit transferred to your current studies
- Submit your application. Please make sure to read the information under Submit application.
The CBS Summer University course offer is subject to student interest and enrolment. Due to unforeseen circumstances there might be changes to the course offer which can happen up until the beginning of the programme. Changes will be communicated without delay.
Further information regarding the pre-approval and courses approved for you, please contact your study board - contact information at my.cbs.dk
6 February 2024 at 12:00 - 14 March 2024 at 23:59 CET
Summer courses with few applicants will be cancelled before 5 March 2024. Cancelled courses will be announced on Courses and exams under “Bachelor level courses 2024” and “Graduate level courses 2024”.
Please note that course registration and assignment in the MoveOn application portal is not on a first come, first served basis. However, if you want to make sure that your selected courses are not cancelled due to the low number of applicants, please apply early in the application round.
Make sure that you fulfil the prerequisites stated in the course catalogue, for the course(s) you wish to apply for, before you apply. Please note that it is your own responsibility to make sure that you fulfil the course prerequisites.
Courses offered at CBS Summer University are regular university courses taught in English at undergraduate or graduate level. This means that the academic level is equal to the ordinary CBS elective courses.
However, you can only choose the courses that your study board approves for you.
Level of English Proficiency
Students are not required to submit any proof of English proficiency. Since all courses are taught in English and at a high academic level, it is highly recommended to have a strong command in both oral and written English, otherwise it might be difficult to follow the courses and pass the exams. We recommend all students to have an English proficiency corresponding to any of the tests and certificates listed below;
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): minimum result of 185
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): minimum of 185
- IELTS Academic Test: minimum result of 7.0
- TOEFL iBT: minimum result of 94
Please note that you may only take the courses stated on your course pre-approval from your study board.
- You may only take courses stated on your course pre-approval.
- Read the course descriptions in the course catalogue very carefully to make sure that you fulfil the course prerequisites.
- To make sure there are no time conflicts between your courses, please check the course and exam timetables in the section Courses and exams.
- Students can maximum take two 6-week courses (max 15 ECTS) since the workload per course amounts to 206 hours (the workload for two courses is more than a full time job). 2-week and 3-week courses cannot be taken together with any other course - you can only follow one of these courses.
- Please note the type of exam for each course. A "home assignment" exam runs in parallel with the course and will start on the first day of teaching. All the exams of the type "home assignment" will take place simultaneously. That means your exam submissions must be handed in on the same day and time. If you do not wish to have two simultaneous home assignments, please choose other courses with another exam type. Neither the time nor the exam type will be changed.
- After the application round is over, there will be very limited possibilities to change courses. We will overbook all courses in relation to the number of places in each course. So even if someone else withdraws, this will not necessarily leave a place to be filled. Please note that the course has to be stated on the pre-approval from your programme manager.
CBS Mandatory Students must get a dispensation from their study board.