Department of Strategic Management and Globalization
Internal Members of HOPE
HOPE will be headed led by professors Nicolai J. Foss, SMG, and Anders Sørensen, ECON. Foss headed SMG’s 2008-13 WCRE. He has previous research management experience from three major FSE projects that all addressed various aspects of the link between organizational design and firm performance. Sørensen has previous research management experience from two major projects financed by private foundations—i.e., The Tuborg Foundation and The Danish Industry Foundation—that addressed aspects of the link between human capital, organizational design, and firm performance.
Other CBS Members of the HOPE Environment
- SMG: Professors Louise Mors and Christian G. Asmussen; Associate Professor Wolfgang Sofka; Assistant Professors Jacob Lyngsie, Magdalena Dobrajska, and Marcus Møller Larsen.
- ECON: Professor Peter Bogetoft, Associate Professors Battista Severgnini and Cedric Schneider; Assistant Professors Tat-Kei Lai and Jimmy Martinez.
- INT: Professor Niels Westergaard Nielsen.
External Members of HOPE
The members of HOPE will cooperate in terms of writing papers and grant applications, and arranging seminars and workshops with the following top-scholars, who have all confirmed participation and their willingness to be actively involved in projects:
- Professor Jay B Barney, University of Utah. Barney is the originator and leading proponent of the resource-based view, strategic management’s dominant perspective, and a Doctor HC at CBS.
- Professor Nicholas Bloom, Stanford University. Bloom is an expert on management practice, productivity and survey design.
- Professor Russ Coff, University of Wisconsin. Coff has done important work on the link between human capital, compensation, and firm performance.
- Professor Michael S Dahl, Aalborg Universitet. Dahl has done important work on, e.g., employee health and organizational phenomena.
- Professor Tobias Kretschmer, Ludwig-Maximilian Universität München. Kretschmer’s research interest is the link between internal organization design and firm performance.
- Professor Edward Lazear, Stanford University. Lazear is the founder of personnel economics and a Doctor HC at CBS.
- Professor Phanish Puranam, INSEAD (Singapore). Puranam is an expert on organization design and recognized as a top-50 management thinker.
- Professor Kathryn Shaw, Stanford University. Shaw is one of the key people behind the development of insider econometrics.
- Professor Chad Syverson, University of Chicago. Syverson is an expert on intra-industry productivity differences.
SHORT CVS FOR MEMBERS OF HOPE (ALPHABETICALLY ORDERED)