Department of Organization
My research is on the organization of work and collaboration in different organizational settings and cultural contexts. With this as a general framework, my research focuses on three major subjects: 1) human resource management (HRM) and development, pursuing a critical approach exploring the impact of demographic, professional and hierarchical differences related to HRM practices in organizations. 2) Organizational theory, including studies of collaboration and teamwork, organizational structure and form, power and control at the workplace, as well as socio-materiality and organizational space. 3) Finally, I apply longitudinal ethnographic studies using qualitative methodologies of participatory observations, interviews and interventions.
- Human resource management and development
- Organizational Theory, identity, culture, change and innovation, socio-materiality and space, dirty work
- Organizational inequality, Diversity and CSR at the workplace
- Leadership and middle management, collaboration and teams, power and control in organizations
- Engaged ethnography, qualitative research, case studies, interventions and action research
- Course coordinator and teacher ‘Organisationsteoretiske perspektiver på HRM’, cand.soc. HRM, CBS
- Course coordinator and teacher ‘Diversity and CSR beyond Borders’, M.Sc. Business, Language and Culture, CBS
- Master and BA supervision in MSc Diversity & Change Management, Cand.Merc.Kom., MSc in Social Science in Service Management, MSc Business, Language and Culture, Cand.Soc Politisk Kommunikation og ledelse, Cand. Merc. SOL, Cand.soc. SEM, Cand. soc HRM, Cand Merc Erhvervsøkonomi og psykologi, MSc SLØK DO Innovation and Change Management, MA in International Marketing and Management, among others.
- PhD supervision
- Holck, L. (2018) ‘Unequal by structure: Exploring the structural embeddedness of organizational diversity’ Organization, 25(2) 242-259.
- Holck, L. (2016) ‘Spatially embedded inequality: Exploring structure, agency, and ethnic minority strategies to navigate organizational opportunity structures’, Personnel Review, Vol. 45(4): 643-662.
- Holck, L. and Muhr, S.L. (2017) ‘Unequal solidarity? Towards a norm-critical approach to welfare logics’, Scandinavian Journal of Management, 33(1), 1-11.
- Holck, L. (2018) ‘The affectivity of diversity: A researcher’s reflections on applying ‘useful’ research on workplace diversity. Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management: An International Journal, 13(3): 218-234.
- Villeséche, F., Holck, L. and Muhr, S.L. (2018): Diversity and Identity in the Workplace: Connections and Perspectives. London Palgrave.