My research is on the organization of work and collaboration in different organizational settings and cultural contexts. With this as a general framework, my research focuses on three major subjects: 1) human resource management (HRM) and development, pursuing a critical approach exploring the impact of demographic, professional and hierarchical differences related to HRM practices in organizations. 2) Organizational theory, including studies of collaboration and teamwork, organizational structure and form, power and control at the workplace, as well as socio-materiality and organizational space. 3) Finally, I apply longitudinal ethnographic studies using qualitative methodologies of participatory observations, interviews and interventions.
- Human resource management and development
- Organizational Theory, identity, culture, change and innovation, socio-materiality and space, dirty work
- Organizational inequality, Diversity and CSR at the workplace
- Leadership and middle management, collaboration and teams, power and control in organizations
- Engaged ethnography, qualitative research, case studies, interventions and action research
- Course coordinator and teacher ‘Organisationsteoretiske perspektiver på HRM’, cand.soc. HRM, CBS
- Course coordinator and teacher ‘Diversity and CSR beyond Borders’, M.Sc. Business, Language and Culture, CBS
- Master and BA supervision in MSc Diversity & Change Management, Cand.Merc.Kom., MSc in Social Science in Service Management, MSc Business, Language and Culture, Cand.Soc Politisk Kommunikation og ledelse, Cand. Merc. SOL, Cand.soc. SEM, Cand. soc HRM, Cand Merc Erhvervsøkonomi og psykologi, MSc SLØK DO Innovation and Change Management, MA in International Marketing and Management, among others.
- PhD supervision
- Holck, L. (2018) ‘Unequal by structure: Exploring the structural embeddedness of organizational diversity’ Organization, 25(2) 242-259.
- Holck, L. (2016) ‘Spatially embedded inequality: Exploring structure, agency, and ethnic minority strategies to navigate organizational opportunity structures’, Personnel Review, Vol. 45(4): 643-662.
- Holck, L. and Muhr, S.L. (2017) ‘Unequal solidarity? Towards a norm-critical approach to welfare logics’, Scandinavian Journal of Management, 33(1), 1-11.
- Holck, L. (2018) ‘The affectivity of diversity: A researcher’s reflections on applying ‘useful’ research on workplace diversity. Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management: An International Journal, 13(3): 218-234.
- Villeséche, F., Holck, L. and Muhr, S.L. (2018): Diversity and Identity in the Workplace: Connections and Perspectives. London Palgrave.
In: Organization, Vol. 26, No. 3, 5.2019, p. 371-390
In: Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management, Vol. 13, No. 3, 2018, p. 218-234
In: Proceedings of the Seventy-eight Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management. ed. /Guclu Atinc. Briar Cliff Manor, NY : Academy of Management 2018, 1 p. (Academy of Management Proceedings)
Paper presented at The Academy of Management Annual Meeting 2018, 2018
København : ISS World Services A/S 2018, 19 p. (ISS White Paper)
Cham : Palgrave Macmillan 2018, 107 p.
København : ISS World Services A/S 2018, 11 p. (ISS White Paper)
In: Organization, Vol. 25, No. 2, 3.2018, p. 242-259
Paper presented at The 24th Nordic Academy of Management Conference, 2017
In: Management and Diversity: Perspectives from Different National Contexts. . ed. /Mustafa F. Özbilgin; Jean-François Chanlat. Bingley : Emerald Group Publishing 2017, p. 261-280 (International Perspectives on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Vol. 3)
Paper presented at Diverse Organizing/Organizational Diversity, 2017
Abstract from The 10th International Conference in Critical Management Studies, 2017
Paper presented at The 10th International Conference in Critical Management Studies, 2017
Paper presented at IFMA World Workplace 2017, 2017
In: Conference Proceedings: The 4th International Conference on Responsible Leadership Leadership Challenges that Matter 15 & 16 March 2017 . Pretoria : Gordon Institute of Business Science 2017, 1 p.
Paper presented at The 4th International Conference on Responsible Leadership 2017, 2017
In: Book of Abstracts. Carne - Flesh and organization: Standing Conference on Organizational Symbolism. XXXV SCOS Rome. Leicester : University of Leicester 2017, 2 p., p. 49-50
Paper presented at The 33rd EGOS Colloquium 2017, 2017
In: Scandinavian Journal of Management, Vol. 33, No. 1, 2017, p. 1–11
Paper presented at The 32nd EGOS Colloquium 2016, 2016
In: Global Encyclopedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance. ed. /Ali Farazmand. Berlin : Springer 2016
Paper presented at The 32nd EGOS Colloquium 2016, 2016
In: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Vol. 35, No. 1, 2016, p. 48-64
Paper presented at 2nd Workshop on Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion, 2016
In: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Vol. 35, No. 4, 2016, p. 296-307
In: Personnel Review, Vol. 45, No. 4, 2016, p. 643-680
In: Proceedings of the 6th Organizations, Artifacts & Practices (OAP) Workshop: Materiality and Institutions in Management and Organization Studies. . ed. /Eva Boxenbaum; François-Xavier De Vaujany; Bernard Leca; Nathalie Mitev; Miguel Pina e Cunha. Paris : Université Paris Dauphine 2016, p. 98-99
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [Phd] 2015, 286 p. (PhD Series, No. 16.2015)
Abstract from The 3rd Equal is not Enough Conference, 2015
Paper presented at The 7th Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Conference. EDI 2014, 2014
Paper presented at The 30th EGOS Colloquium 2014, 2014
In: Scandinavian Journal of Management, Vol. 30, No. 2, 6.2014, p. 254-255
Paper presented at Diversity and Difference in the Contemporary Workspace, 2013
In: Proceedings for the Sustainability in a Scandinavian Context Conference: 10-11 June 2013 Copenhagen Business School. . ed. /Robert Strand. Frederiksberg : Nordic Centre for Sustainability 2013, p. 149-154
In: Børsen, 6.10.2018, p. 4
In: Information, 11.8.2018, p. 18
In: Politiken, 14.11.2018, p. 6
København : Videnskab.dk 22.3.2018