I joined IOA as postdoc and I am involved in the team of the CAPACITOR Project, which studies the capacities of public actors in the governance of green transitions. In the project, I conduct research in several cases in Europe working with municipalities, utilities, public and regulatory agencies. I have a background in Economics and Social Sciences. Within my PhD at Politecnico di Milano - School of Management, I shifted my focus to social and transformative innovation relating these topics to social entrepreneurship. I have been involved in several consultancy and applied research projects in the field of Social Innovation working with private, public actors and civil society organisations.
- Transformative innovation
- Social Innovation
- Sustainability Transitions
- Public sector innovation
- STI policy
- Bachelor and Master Thesis
- Gerli, F., Calderini, M., & Chiodo, V. (2021). An ecosystemic model for the technological development of social entrepreneurship: exploring clusters of social innovation. European Planning Studies, 1-23.
- Gerli, F., Chiodo, V., & Bengo, I. (2021). Technology Transfer for Social Entrepreneurship: Designing Problem-Oriented Innovation Ecosystems. Sustainability, 13(1), 20.
- Calderini., M., Chiodo, V., Gerli, F. & Pasi, G. (2021). Social-Tech Entrepreneurs: Building Blocks of a New Social Economy. Stanford Social Innovation Review. Available at: Social-Tech Entrepreneurs: Building Blocks of a New Social Economy (ssir.org)
- Calderini, M., & Gerli, F. (2020) Innovazione, sfide sociali e protagonismo dell’imprenditoria ad impatto. Impresa Sociale. Saggi Brevi, 10 (3). DOI: 10.7425/IS.2020.03.03
- Chiodo, V. and Gerli, F., 2017. Domanda e offerta di capitale per l’impatto sociale: una lettura ecosistemica del mercato italiano. Impresa Sociale, (10), pp.86-96. DOI: 10.7425/IS.2017.10.07
In: International Public Management Journal, 2.6.2022
In: European Planning Studies, 5.11.2021
In: Stanford Social Innovation Review, 2.6.2021
In: Sustainability, Vol. 13, No. 1, 1.2021
In: Impresa Sociale, Vol. 10, No. 3, 2020, p. 10-19
In: Impresa Sociale, Vol. 7, No. 10, 12.2017, p. 86-96